Top 5 Things to Do in Quarantine

Top 5 Things to Do in Quarantine

In the past few months, the way of living has drastically changed for everyone around the world as a result of the COVID-19 disease and virus. People are now staying home, wearing masks wherever they go and not engaging with the world how they used to before. College students, for example, are not at their campus. They are away from friends and are in a myriad of living situations. People lost their jobs and this year is turning out to be a social and cultural reset for all of humanity.

15
Top 5 Things to Do in Quarantine

If you, like myself, sometimes find yourself stuck and looking for something to do in these socially distant environments, here are some of my recommendations!

Read

images.pexels.com

In these times of political upheaval and social outrage, one of the first ways an individual can help is to learn about what is going on in the world around them. Whether that is through newspapers, books or podcasts from Audible or Amazon, now is the time to become more educated about public health, racial injustice and general knowledge on the whole. Some great platforms to start with are Amazon and Audible. Both of these platforms have podcasts and books you can use without buying hardcopies. Reading also helps engage your mind and can distract you from any boredom you may have!

Take on a new hobby!

russn_fckr

Another way to become engaged with yourself and enjoy life despite the boundaries with COVID is to do something different! Take on an exercise challenge, or bake your heart out and get pain-by-number kits! These will not only keep your mind engaged, but is something enjoyable to do and is something you can carry with you as life slowly becomes more busy.

Volunteer

cdn.pixabay.com

There are great opportunities to engage yourself with social service and being a part of something greater through virtual means. You can donate masks that you may stitch, tutor high school students in math and science or help raise awareness about different social movements taking place! Volunteering is always a great act for someone to be a part of, and now is no different!

Create a TikTok

cdn.pixabay.com

TikTok is one of the most popular social apps right now where a majority of content creators are teenagers and college students, but everyone is on the platform. Essentially, you can create up to 1 minute videos of anything whether they are dance challenges that a TikTok influencer created to recipes such as the Dalgona Whipped Coffee and spending time with your family! Its a free app with a lot of fun built into the platform! Prepare to be addicted!

Zoom Parties/Social Events with Your Friends!

Even though we are all at home, we can still find ways to see each other and have a good time! Thanks to platforms such as Zoom, this is possible! Many people have had happy hours, parties and more with their friends and family! Seeing your friends will also help ease your mind off of the current living situation with COVID. Some great options are to do a virtual Mafia game, Netflix Party (an app where you can all watch a Netflix movie together) or Cards Against Humanity! Even though we are physically apart, we are together and are here for a great time!

We are living in a new world right now, but this is not the end. As a society, we just need to find new ways to combat any pressing issues the world has thrown at us, and we will rise stronger and better. In the meantime, it is important to take care of yourself, follow all regulations and be a part of something bigger in these stranger times!