Top 5 Proven Ways To Promote YouTube Music Video

Music Video

117

Music videos are not just a mode of entertainment but it has become one of the most effective tools for music artists to gain more exposure. YouTube is the biggest platform for music videos and it has become quite competitive. Learn the ways to promote YouTube music video effectively.

In modern days, online music platforms have become an integral part of every music artist’s success in the industry. YouTube is one of them, however; it possesses a huge amount of importance due to the video streaming feature. The platform is becoming more competitive with each passing day since many emerging artists and new music videos are getting introduced to it.

But it takes a lot more than just uploading a music video to become popular on the platform. If you are a music artist yourself and looking forward to gaining more exposure through music videos; there are many aspects you would require to know. Your music video will practically become worthless if there are no views on the content. The viewers are not coming to your channel simply because they are not yet aware of it. You need to figure out ways of advertising and promotion that offer your video a fair amount of online exposure.

However, it can be a very daunting task in the beginning and without proper guidance, your promotional approaches are most likely to go in vain.

There are many music promotion companies, where you can promote YouTube music videos easily at pocket-friendly prices to get more engagements, otherwise follow these five proven ways:

1. Publish music videos natively

Great YouTube content is meant to be shared among all and the music videos are just like that. To make sure your videos are widely shared, utilize the social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo, Pinterest, and other platforms. It helps to showcase your video among a huge number of mass audiences. YouTube is not only a video platform but also the second largest search engine after Google with over 2 billion active users watching videos every day. Tapping into the horde will allow you to gain more exposure from the relevant viewers.

However, only hosting is not enough since you need to determine the next steps according to the response from the audience. So make sure you cross-promote your video content or avail of some paid advertising services on those platforms to receive a significant amount of boost. Focus on gaining native and niche exposure from your region before heading for global popularity.

2. Optimize the music video

To be honest, online users these days are very impatient and they come with an average attention span of 8 seconds only. Therefore, this is a window that you need to work on to grab the attention of the listeners and make them watch the whole video. Here are some tips to utilize to optimize your video.

• Focus on the initiation of the video that grabs more attention
  • Use custom-generated thumbnails with higher quality
  • Make sure the video quality is good and there is the perfect balance between audio and video
  • Make sure the video is compatible with mobile views as well
  • The quality of the video should not be compromised as well, (pre-production, production, and post-production).

Following these steps will help to increase the visibility of the video and its popularity among other music videos.

3. Optimize for Search Engine

When it comes to visibility, nothing can offer you more benefits than search engine optimization. There are many aspects of on-page and off-page SEO. However, you don’t need to work on the minute details since you are not an SEO expert but a music artist trying to gain more exposure. Here are some effective SEO tips,

• Find relevant keywords with higher search value and relevant to your music content
  • Incorporate the keyword in the video description, channel description, title, and other places to gain more visibility from the viewers
  • Utilize YouTube tags to help your video get more discoverable

Implementing these will automatically improve the ranking of the video on the search engine result page or SERP. SEO implementation is one of the most effective ways to boost YouTube views.

4. Give your channel a professional look

If a curious music enthusiast or listener watches your music video and feels interested to know, the person is most likely to visit your YouTube channel and check out other stuff. That is why your channel needs to have a professional look that embraces you and your music. Here are some elements to work on,

• Keep your videos under relevant playlists and keep them sorted with proper titles
  • Offer a vivid and attractive cover image, profile picture, and distinguished album and single covers
  • Attach your social media links like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc to let the audience become your social media followers
  • Add your professional details like where are you from, the record label you work under

Among the audience, there can be potential journalists, marketers, investors, and so on. Therefore, having a professional YouTube channel as a verified artist can be a game changer for music artists.

5. And the fun stuff

Well, definitely your professional YouTube music channel is meant to showcase your music video. However, it is also part of fun and entertainment and if you can provide an ample amount of it; the audience will definitely engage with more likes, comments, and subscriptions as well. Here are some ideas to add to the fun part.

• YouTube Shorts is currently one of the trendiest options that you can try to shed light on your musical creations, work in progress, or even daily life
  • The music artists on YouTube are more like a community. Be a part of it and collaborate with other artists to gain more exposure for combined fans
  • Add CTA (call-to-action) at the end of the videos to engage the audience
  • Reply to the comments and interact with them regularly

Final Take

Even if you implement all the ideas, it is still a daunting task to make DIY approaches since you have to concentrate on your craft as well. Hiring a professional agency can help you out a lot but it requires a fair share of investment. If this is just the beginning of your musical journey, promotion can pave the way for a successful career ahead.