Top 5 Google Chrome Extensions For College Students

These extension could save you time and stress.

103
pixabay

As a student we need all the help we can get and having google chrome extensions can help out a lot in the long run so here are the top 7 Google Chrome extensions you should use:

1. Boomerang

Boomerang is an addition to Gmail's basic functions, allowing you to schedule emails, set up recurring email messages, and postpone emails. Free users can schedule 10 messages a month, while subscribers gain unlimited message credits and a variety of premium features. This can be great if you're someone like me who is up all night and decide to write an email to someone and would forget about it if you save it in your drafts or if you need to send something at a particular time.

2. Cite This For Me: Web Citer

Correctly attributing online articles and research can be stressful for students and writers. Cite This For Me, a browser extension that allows you to quickly create a properly formatted website citation for the APA, Chicago, MLA, and Harvard citation styles, which you can easily save or copy to the clipboard for use in your documents.

3. Honey

Tired of tracking down and saving coupon codes and discounts? Then Honey might just be the Chrome extension for you. Honey automatically finds and tests coupon codes for more than 100 online stores in the US. Simply shop as normal, and on checkout, hit the Find Savings button to have Honey track down and attempt to apply coupon codes. So far this has saved me over $100 it works and will save you a ton of cash if you are a heavy online shopper.

4. AdBlock Plus

AdBlock Plus (ABP) is one of the most popular ad blockers online. ABP features a quick setup, loading preset filter lists that allow users to quickly block most ads, as well as the option to filter malware and social media buttons. AdBlock Plus allows what it calls "non-intrusive advertising" through filters, which may irk some users, though this can be disabled in settings. Be aware that many ad blockers don't block all ads. This is an extension that if it's working you won't notice until you are not using it.

5. Grammarly

Grammarly is a free writing app makes sure everything you type is easy to read, efficient, and mistake-free. Adding Grammarly to Chrome means that your spelling and grammar will be vetted on Gmail, all your social media, and nearly everywhere else you write on the web. Working on a large project, an essay, or a blog post? No sweat. You can create and store all of your documents in your new online editor. As a content Creator for the Odyssey and a student with three papers due every week Grammarly is a life saver.