The Top 3 Best Adult Cartoons Of This Generation

Not your typical, child-friendly cartoons...but still cartoons, nonetheless.

201
Fox News

When it comes to young adult entertainment, nothing beats binge-watching nostalgic cartoons from your childhood. TV networks such as Adult Swim, FOX, and Comedy Central have been providing 80s and 90s babies with quality showsand movies for years on years. Streaming sites such as Netflix, Hulu, and Kodi are not too far behind. Whenever you're in the mood for gut-busting laughter, dirty jokes, and crude humor, check out some of the most notorious and notable cartoons of this generation.

1. "Family Guy"

When it comes to adult television entertainment, "Family Guy" is definitely the gatekeeper of the realm. In 1999, writer/actor Seth Macfarlane aired the first episode of "Family Guy" on Fox. In the fictional town of Quahog Rhode Island, the show documents the daily life of the Griffins, a dysfunctional family that shows their love through pranks, meaningless banter, and dramatized adventures. What makes "Family Guy" so unique is its relatability and accuracy. By using the template of a typical American family, viewers across the nation can treat the Griffins as ordinary people with extraordinary daily routines. Each of the main characters in "Family Guy" takes on a different role in what "satirical America" is like, giving each their own personality, voice, and audience.

2. "South Park"

In a nutshell, "South Park" is every 10-year-old's dream: late night video games, pizza and ice cream for breakfast, and summertime adventures on school days. However, "South Park" takes the typical childhood fantasy and transforms it into a social and political satire. Whether it's Donald Trump's campaign, Caitlyn Jenner's controversial lifestyle, or global terrorism, Cartman, Kyle, Kenny, and Stan always find themselves in the middle of the pot. Writers Trey Parker and Matt Stone first aired "South Park" in 1997 and is currently the second longest-running TV series in the United States. Looks like the kids of South Park Elementary School have a lot more growing up to do.

3. "Rick and Morty"

Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon created their earliest versions of "Rick and Morty" in 2003, with a teaser episode called "Doc and Mharti". "Rick and Morty" is a show mainly involving grandpa, Rick Sanchez, and grandson, Morty. The two share a relationship similar to that of Marty McFly and Doc Brown; however, they are actually related, and they put each other through hell and back during explorations of different universes, time periods, and dimensions. Between Rick's careless disposition towards the world and its inhabitants and Morty's developing teenage mind, the dichotomy of the two creates a dynamic in the show that is unmatched. Rick and Morty take on the scene with a cutthroat approach to comedy TV. With existential themes such as searching for the meaning of life and defining the reality of love, "Rick and Morty" always has viewers thinking about the deeper meaning of the cartoon, while still enjoying its crude and unusual humor.