Top 10 Ways to Spice Up Your Swap

Top 10 Ways to Spice Up Your Swap

A lot of themes are over-used. Here are a few to mix up your swap schedule this Fall.

3
Top 10 Ways to Spice Up Your Swap

Because let’s be honest, it’s no fun to realize that approximately six other sororities are doing the “so original” theme your social chair came up with. Looking at you, America, Toga, and Jersey. Spice up your Thursday nights, inevitable Instagrams, and Zaps with these new ideas.   

1. Stoplight: Choose a color: red, yellow, or green and make your relationship status known. Red: taken. Yellow: It’s complicated. Green: Single and ready to mingle. Extra points if you’re swapping with a fraternity where you’re trying to DTR with a brother. If so, may your dress be as short as the light on Paul Bryant.

2. Save the date: Dress as your favorite holiday, which leaves no excuse to not have a rocking outfit. There are endless amounts of random holidays and besides, this is perfect excuse to show off your pet rock (September 7th), come prepared with knock-knock jokes (October 31), or a Time Traveler (December 8). You could go basic and be a regular holiday, but where’s the fun in that? 

3. Thank God I’m Not: Dress up as something you “thank god you’re not” Examples: A mallet, a hobo, the opposite gender, an Auburn fan, a pledge. The list goes on. 

4. You are what you drink: Dress as your favorite beverage. You could dress as general as Jose Quervo, Bloody Mary or a Yellowhammer. You could go off the wall and make a large red, orange and yellow tutu and be just a little Fireball. 

5. Family Vacation: Think Hawaiian shirts, fanny packs, tall socks, sun-blocked noses and comfy shoes. Just like the trip to Disney Land you took with your family when you were seven, just this time the longest line you’ll have to wait in is the one for a Natty. 

6. Dr. Seuss meets Mother Goose: Dress up as your favorite childhood book character – as long as the three blind newboys make it around the swap. 

7. What Would You Be Without A Degree: I would personally take this opportunity to show up in lulu head to toe carrying a bottle of wine (because Real Housewife of DC, duh). Good to serve as motivation to make it to your 8 a.m. the next day 

8. Rubik’s Cube: Choose one of the six colors on the Rubik’s cube and hopefully by the end of the night you’ll have a solid colored outfit and have solved the Rubik’s cube. 

9. App Store: Dress like your favorite app on your iPhone. Instagram, Twitter, Candy Crush, Flappy Bird, the list goes on. Take extra care to make sure the pledge DDs are dressed up as Uber drivers. 

10. T-Shirt Thursday: Because less time getting ready is more time having fun. Plus everyone is dressed the same as you, so there’s a more even playing field. Thank me later.