Top 10 Best Skateboarders of All Time
News

Top 10 Best Skateboarders of All Time

Top 10 Best Skateboarders of All Time here you find

70
Top 10 Best Skateboarders of All Time

Creativity is an act of art. But when creativity, freedom, and athleticism work together, it's something amazing! I am talking about Skateboarding. Skateboarding isn't just another sport. It is something different. Actually, this sport is an art. It is about breaking rules. There really aren't any goals, referees, or boundaries in skateboarding. It is something more about taking risks with some amazing tricks and stunts.

Skateboarding began in the 1940s on the west coast of the USA. And guess what? This sport will make its Olympic debut at the Tokyo 2020 Games! Skateboarding is going to be one of the most popular sports.

Best Skateboarders of All Time:

It could be a long debate about the best of the best skaters. There is a huge number of skaters out there. Let's know about the most popular, famous, more specifically the best skateboarders all over the world.

Rodney Mullen

Rodney Mullen is undoubtedly the first name that comes in mind whenever you think about skateboarding! He started skateboarding at the age of 10 and won his first world skateboard championship at the age of 14. He is the "Godfather of Street Skateboarding". Not just that! He is the most influential and talented street skater in the history of the Skateboarding.

In skateboarding moving the boards freely is everything. This legend was born with pigeon toes, a condition causing both feet to point inward. But of the top best skateboarders around, he stands out. He is the inventor of the pop shove it, 360 flip, Casper Slides, Half Flip Darkslide, Ollie Fingerflip, 540 Double Kickflip, Caballerial Impossible, Airwalks, Half-Cab Kickflip Underflip, Handstand flips, Rusty slides and dozens of numerous tricks.

Tony Hawk

We all heard about the game Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. Activision released this video game in 1999. Before this Tony Hawk made a history. He tried to land 900 degrees spin. In front of 275,000 people, he is the first person to keep the skateboard under his feet and land successfully.

Tony Hawk is known as the "Birdman". He is the most fulfilled inventor of modern-day skateboarding, propelled the sport to greater heights. He helped to bring the popularity that was never seen before in the world of skateboarding. He is 48 and still the biggest ambassador for skateboarding.

Hawk has a YouTube channel named "Ride". This channel features video parts and interviews with professional skateboarders young and old.

Eric Koston

Eric Koston is one of the most naturally talented skateboarders. He dropped out of school in 10th grade. After that, he turned pro in 1993. He has won several competitions, has a brand, and has also landed insane tricks.

It's impossible to leave him out of the top best skateboarders list. Rodney Mullen invented the modern street skateboarding. Eric perfected it. The Electronic Arts featured him in video games Skate 2 and Skate 3. Then He signed his very first endorsement contract with H-Street Company. This company was co-founded by Tony Magnusson and Mike Ternasky. Koston is now the most recognized skaters out there. He has been featured in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater video game. Eric is the most consistent street pro skater of the 2000s.

Bucky Lasek

A 12 years old boy lost his bike and started skateboarding after 1985. Now he is considered one of the world's most consistent skaters in America. He is Bucky Lasek.

Lasek started attending the amateur contests. Soon after Powell Peralta talent scouts noticed his talent. In 1990 he attained professional status with Powell. He is a fixture at Vert skateboard competition. Suddenly Lasek's 'Vert Skateboarding' began to lose popularity!

Lasek went to 10 X-games to revive his waned career. Even at 43 years of age, he is doing the same. He had a ton of injuries out there. In 2012, he was one of the three drivers selected to compete in the Global RallyCross Championship. He always includes more difficult tricks than any other skater in competition. He continued with the team earning several 2nd and 3rd place finishes through his career with Subaru.

Antony Mosley

Antony Mosley is one of the best skateboarders in the world. He got his very first skateboard at the age of 4. He started skateboarding when he was 13 as his passion. Just after two years, he decided to focus on it as a career.

Antony has been a promising skateboarder. He is famous for his showmanship and unique style of skating He earned 2nd place in his first competition at Tampa AM. 'Billabong' became his first sponsor. After that, he began a quick rise in the skateboarding world. He is considered one of the richest skateboards too. His net worth is to be $1 million.

Paul Rodriguez

Paul Rodriguez is also known as 'P-Rod'. He started skating at the age of 16. He was introduced to skateboarding by his parents. He got skateboard shoes and skateboard as Christmas gifts.

P-Rod owns a private skatepark in California. He bought it for his purpose.

Paul was on the Nike SB Team. He was the first skateboarder to be authorized as an official Nike Athlete. He won his first Gold Medal in 2004. In X-Games, he won eight Medals.

Danny Way

Danny is the man who jumped the Great Wall of China on a skateboard. Yes, Danny Way was that insane skateboarder. In 2005 he stood at the bottom of the Great Wall and planned to jump with a skateboard. No one had ever jumped the Great Wall without the help of motorization. He did that even after being scared. It was a mind-blowing skating. He did it 4 times with 3 legitimate and distinct tricks over the 60-foot gap. His ankle was fractured. This injury hadn't healed.

This part of "The Questionable Video" changed skateboarding forever. Way's career is packed with evidence of astronomical progression. He won the world's best skateboard award twice.

Danny has done more than enough to be ranked the best skaters ever to walk the surface of the earth. He earned his respect for his works.

Bob Burnquist

Bob Burnquist is popular for Mega Ramp. He is a pro-Brazilian skateboarder. He is one of the most popular skateboarders ever. He did a fifty-fifty landing into the Grand Canyon successfully. Bob won 30 medals from 52 X-Games competitions. At X-Games Minneapolis 2017, he announced his retirement from the X-Games.

Bob's ability to switch positions makes him be considered amongst the best skateboarders of his generation. His attention to making each and every trick more tricky and precise is also the most attractive part of his skateboarding.

Chris Cole

Chris Cole was raised in Philly. He made his first pilgrimage to LOVE at age 11. The park became a regular destination, to film defining tricks. Such as, switch frontside flip, backside flip and backside 360 – down the massive fountain gap for his 'In Bloom and Ride the Sky' video parts.

He is famous for landing insane tricks. He has a cool logo too! In 2000, Chris became pro for Zero (Jamie Thomas' skateboard company). He was known as the most innovative and singular skaters on the scene. In 20025, he won "Trasher's Skater' of the year.

Chris won 5 medals from X-Games. He took victories in the Dew Tour, Battle of the Berrics, Maloof Money Cup Championship, and Copenhagen Pro and in Street League Skateboarding. And in 2013 he won the Super Crown Championship.

Andrew Reynolds

Andrew is the boss in the skateboarding world. He is the owner and co-founder of the famous skateboarding brand "Baker". He left Birdhouse to create Baker. This is an incredibly successful brand. It has the most talented team of sponsored pros. From the 2000s to now, Baker is still one of the most popular skateboarding brands.

Andrew is also known as the most influential skateboarders. He moved out to California from Florida for skateboarding. In 1995, Tony Hawk calls him to join the Birdhouse Team. After that, he had continuously shown his creativity and efficiency in skateboarding.

In 2014, Reynolds said in an interview, "I want to keep skateboarding and keep it unique, small and fun". As he said, he still skates. He can still be counted as one of the brightest lights in skateboarding.

Final Verdict:

There are so many famous skateboarders out there. It is difficult to rank only ten. We have tried to refer top 10 of them. These skateboarders deserve to be ranked the best skateboarders. They take skateboarding on another level of the sport. What they did and doing is amazingly unpredictable!

Do you want to add anyone else to our list? Let us know your feedback. You can find more about skating at Skating Point. Or, if you have any inquiries about other famous skateboarders, leave a comment below. We will be delighted to fulfill your silly inquiries too!