Top 10 Things You Should Go Ahead And Do This Fall

The Autumn Breeze Is Whistling Through The Trees; Fall Is Finally Here And You Have Things To Do!

47
Ben Blennerhassett

Fall is in the air. The leaves are changing colors to deep red and bright yellow. Leave piles will soon line the streets with children finding the tallest pile to jump in. Pumpkins will fill every stoop with scary faces and happy smiles. The smell is intoxicating with notes of friendly bonfires, s'mores and pumpkin spice.The swift but beautiful season will be here and gone in just a few months so lets take advantage of the season ahead!

1. Go pick your pumpkin from a real pumpkin patch!

The miles of pumpkins means the choices are almost endless. There are large pumpkins, small pumpkins, tall pumpkins and small pumpkins. Pumpkins with dents and pumpkins perfect for carving or painting or making into a pie! Everyone has their own favorite pumpkin so get out there and find yours!

2. Go find some cute decorations so your home "Falls" into place for Autumn!

Oh my goodness, I know you saw that cute scarecrow waving you over and calling your name at Home Goods. The accents bring a home into a new season and can really make it feel like home. You just need a few items to turn your place into a seasonal delight! I recommend taking to Pinterest to get the best crafting ideas for your home. So many decorations!!

3. If you celebrate Halloween I would start looking into getting the PERFECT Halloween costume!

There's nothing like feeling the disappointment of going into the Halloween store a few days before Halloween and everything that could have potentially been a good costume is gone. OR that one thing you needed is sold out.

From witches and wizards to dinosaurs and police men. The one night you can be whomever you want to be, go be it! Go ahead and find your perfect costume and add your own spin on it so you can have that one-of-a-kind costume everyone wants. On the other hand I'll probably be a witch or a princess like usual. LOL

4. Do some local apple picking!

There is nothing like biting into a crisp apple washed right from the tree. Such a delicious and beautiful fruit can be made into anything! They are great for your cider, your pie your wastle and maybe your fries! They are even made into decorations! A nice day picking apples with the people you love and supporting your local business is a great day if I may so myself!

5. Fill your home with the smell of fall.

I love my home in the Fall. It's usually filled with notes of apple pie and marshmallow by the fireside. There is nothing like coming home to a pleasant smelling home and the baking ideas that follow! Apple pie anyone?!

6. Plan your scary movie night!

AMC will be playing the best classics ever produced. From 'Friday The 13th' to all the 'Halloweens'. AMC should be your go-to for all things scary! Go grab some candy corn, cider, and popcorn because you're in for a treat. Try not to throw it all in the air because it's about to get SPOOKY and no one likes to play 102 popcorn pickup beside your dog. Enjoy!

7. Get the good candy first!

Weather in an apartment or home you will likely have trick-or-treaters and if not you can always just have some for guests, or lets be honest; you. I would go scope out the best candy now and check the deals before you're stuck with nerds and sugar straws. Ain't nobody got room for that in their plastic pumpkin candy buckets!

8. It's finally time for the infamous "PSL".

Yes, I said it. The infamous pumpkin spice latte is back and bigger than ever! It used to be a stereotypical drink but don't let those men fool you because they love them too. Everything is pumpkin spice from candles to shakes to coffee and chocolate! Just go ahead and embrace it. It only happens once a year!

9. Bonfires! BonFIRES! BONFIRES!

Just picture: The intoxicating smell of the newspaper you read last week being soldered by the fire it took you an hour to make. We have all been there; trying to make the best bonfire we have ever made. Lighter fluid flying everywhere, someone screaming "NO TOO MUCH!!" and marshmallows falling like rain.

There is always that someone who "doesn't like smores" eating all the Hershey's chocolate in their camping chair in the corner. The smell of the smoldering fire stays on your sweatshirt for months whether you wash it or not but the memories of the tall flames and the joy of being surrounded by your friends and family while you enjoy a night a drinks, sweets, and treats stays with you forever! Just be safe with the lighter fluid and matches Y'all!

10. You get to pull out the scarves and boots!

It's sweater weather ladies and gentlemen. Put away those swim trunks and throw on your scarf. No more sweating walking to your car and stubbing your toe in your flippy flops. It's time for cool weather and no more blistering heat. With the cool weather, you can now go on a cool morning jog besides coming home sunburnt from the dripping sweat running down your forehead and dripping down your face. Lower energy bills and happy campers here we come!!

Fall is one of the most beautiful times of the year. Your whole environment changes and although it's getting chillier it makes you all warm and fuzzy inside. Family gatherings and good food are in your future and boy does it look delicious! It's Autumn and it's time to get excited!