Are You Truly 'Too Old' To Attend That Music Festival Next Year?

"See you never, Lolla!" or, "see you next year, Lolla!"

15

In recent days, there has been an influx of posts on my social media feed regarding whether or not certain music festival goers will maintain their attendance within the following years. I am unsure as to where this idea that one can only enjoy four days of a music festival until they reach their sophomore year of college originated, but let me tell you - most of the general population will not be following in this example.

As some may agree with the statement that they will "never" be returning to these summertime festivals, I believe it is only proper that I address a shameless confession at this moment - I am going to be entering my sophomore of college, and I attended all four days of Country Thunder for the very first time this summer. Was I too old for this? In accordance with certain social standards, most would respond with an indefinite "yes." Yet, after reviewing each Instagram caption which implied that 2018 would be the last year said festival would remain popular, I have but one statement: you can be sure to find me in Twin Lakes next July.

The same goes for Lollapalooza, of course, though this particular festival appeared to receive far more notoriety in regards to attendance than that of Country Thunder. I am not certain of what exactly encourages people to dwell on the fact that 2018 was the last time within their lifetimes that they will purchase a wristband for one of these concerts, but I speak with full certainty when I say that I am positive I will be seeing those who "retired" from their festival careers at Perry's stage next August.

Let's be real. When you captioned your Instagram photo, "See you never, Lolla," we all know what you really meant to say was, "See you next year, Lolla."