Tom Brady Is An Ageless Wonder And One Of The Greatest Of All Time

This man plays 20 years younger than he is.

196

The New England Patriots quarterback, Tom Brady, has been dubbed the greatest quarterback of all time by many sports analysts and fellow NFL players, and it is not difficult to see why. He has been the most consistently great quarterback in recent memory and is the primary reason the Patriots have been an NFL juggernaut over the past 17 seasons. Brady has led New England to a winning season and the playoffs for nearly every year of his career and possesses the most career wins of any quarterback in NFL history. However, there is one feature that stands above the rest: his ability to still play at a high level as he ages.

A five-time Super Bowl champion and four-time Super Bowl MVP, Brady has amassed numerous other awards throughout his lengthy and distinguished career. These accolades include three NFL MVPs, two NFL Offensive Player of the Year awards, and 13 Pro Bowls among others. For someone who has played in the NFL for 18 years, these are certainly lofty achievements.

Even more impressive is the fact that Brady has never finished with a losing season as a starter in his career.

This is at least partially due to the superb coaching of Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, but Brady has been consistently great on the field throughout the past two decades and continues to be so. It does not matter who is at running back or wide receiver, the Patriots are always a contender as long as Brady is under center.

Brady is also considered to be the biggest NFL steal of all time. New England drafted him in the sixth round with the 199th overall selection in the 2000 NFL Draft. All 32 teams passed on him, even the Patriots. Nobody thought that he would be a professional quarterback, let alone an all-time great. He has proven everyone wrong ever since then and is still doing so into his early 40s.

Tom Brady has aged like fine wine.

He is currently 41 years old and has made three Super Bowls within the last four years, winning two of them and having astounding individual performances in all of them. His performance in Super Bowl LI at age 39 was nothing short of spectacular. Down 28-3 against the Atlanta Falcons with 17:08 to play, Brady rallied the Patriots for a seemingly inconceivable comeback win. Both sides of the ball did their job spectacularly and Brady led the way for New England to tie the game at 28-28 with under a minute to play in regulation. After the Patriots won the coin toss in overtime and elected to receive the ball, it was over.

In addition, his recent performance in Super Bowl LII at 40 years of age was awe-inspiring. He threw for 505 yards (an all-time playoff record), three touchdowns and no interceptions in a 41-33 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. This is especially impressive considering he was missing several key wide receivers due to injury.

Simply put, Tom Brady is an ageless wonder and will continue to be recognized as one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history because of it.