To Those Hitting Rock Bottom

To Those Hitting Rock Bottom

Life is not always easy, but it sure is beautiful.

To the people who feel as though they have hit rock bottom; I understand. Sometimes it seems like we can't fall any deeper, and then something worse happens and life surprises us with another smack in the face.

I am here to tell you that it is okay and everything will get better.

Everyone is fighting their own battles and dealing with their own struggles. Whether it be financial issues, academics, work, family, friends, relationships, no life is perfect. If somebody seems perfect, there is no doubt that they are hiding the imperfections and there is nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I am not one of those that can easily hide my struggles; I let it affect everything, whether I mean for it to happen or not. I like to think I am strong; I know I am strong, but, it is okay to be weak.

It's okay to cry and it's okay to feel broken down.

Just remember to stand back up, keep fighting, and move forward. Keep your chin up and do not let your crown fall. Life is not always amazing. Life is not always happy and light. But, that's life, there's no better way to explain it. It's an uphill battle, but then you can enjoy the ride for awhile before the next battle.

Life is constant improvement and learning. Life is about making mistakes and learning from them.

Once you hit rock bottom, you can only move up. Think of the positives; you're still alive, you're breathing, the sun is up in the sky, the grass is always growing. Listen to some music, take a bath, light a candle, and just relax. Take some time to yourself to put everything into perspective. It's possible that anything that is going wrong can be fixed or at least alleviated. Is school difficult? Take advantage of some quiet time at the library or visit your professor in office hours. Troubles with friends or relationships? Talk it out, sit down, and listen.

I know it is going to sound cliche, but everyone is fighting a battle, you may just not see it. Reach out to friends and vent to them, go to church if you're religious, look for ways to leave the stress in your life for a bit, then go back when you're ready.

Life is not always going to be easy. It is not always going to be pretty and happy. There are going to be struggles, but those struggles make us who we are. They shape us into the strong and motivated individuals we are. They guide us forward. Life is not always easy, but it sure is beautiful.