To The Younger Sibling I Left At Home

To The Younger Sibling I Left At Home

I miss you immensely.
9

To the little sibling I left at home,

First off I would like to say that I miss you immensely and I'm already counting down the days until I get to reunite with you. I'm sorry that I won't be around for the next few months, but just know that I am always thinking about you and wondering how you're doing.

I will miss driving you around, jamming out to our favorite songs and singing at the top of our lungs. I know I always complain about having to pay for gas, but I really do enjoy those little moments we spend together. I'll miss sneaking in to your room late at night (because I know you're the only one who's also up) and sitting down on your bed to share some midnight snacks over gossip.

I'll miss always having to look after someone, even though I rant about it most days. It's comforting knowing that you play a huge role in someone else's life, so it's hard for me to be separated from someone I care about for such a long time. Lastly, I'll just miss you in general. The moment that we're reunited I just might burst in to tears, and I can't wait for that moment to come.

I promise we will pick up right where we left off. I don't want you to think that I've forgotten about you because I'm away at school, but instead I want you to know that you are always in my thoughts. It's weird when you have to leave a person who consumes your life and you spend most of your days with, but I know that nothing will change between us while I'm away. I will still drive you and your friends around, I'll still share my late night snacks with you, and I'll always be open to talk to you about whatever you feel like talking about. I'll be home soon, but until then, I'm only a phone call away.

Love,

Your big sibling.