To The People Who Help Me Embrace My Uniqueness

It took me very long to be happy with myself,

35
John Bhatti

I was not always someone who enjoyed fashion, but as I got older, I've started to enjoy fashion way more and I am honest in who I take inspiration from. I take inspiration from a variety of people, both male and female. People I consider my fashion influences and inspirations. I am a big fan of so many people, and they come from so many different backgrounds. These people have helped me gain confidence and appreciate myself.

I grew up very feeling very uncomfortable with my body, and always felt unattractive. As I've grown up, I've come into my body and features and have embraced fashion, because I love clothes. I love how they make me feel. Fashion is definitely who you are, so it's important to embrace who you are and be happy in yourself. This is something I realized only in the last three years. I like clothing and fashion because they help me understand and appreciate myself and I can express myself through it. I used to not like myself. Honestly I felt inferior, I lacked confidence. But thankfully, those days are gone. I love and appreciate myself for everything I am and everything I'm not. The people on this list have influenced me and have inspired me to embrace and appreciate myself. These are the people who (besides God, my faith and my family) have helped me become more confident.

As great of an athlete David Beckham was and is, he also has a great sense of style. I've been a fan of his style since I was a senior high school. He always seems cool and confident and carries himself as such. His outfits are cool and on-point, but they also are wearable. You can be a middle-class college kid like me and still incorporate his style into your wardrobe. He also inspires me to be confident and carry myself well.

I've always loved Khloe Kardashian. She is very real and honest and I admire that. She's also open about the fact that she had struggled with being confident towards her body and self. She works hard to prove the people who put her down are wrong. She takes negative situations and made them positive. She inspires me to be healthy and also to embrace myself. I also love her sense of style. She wears stuff that both guys and girls can be inspired by. The colors and the way things are styled are accessible to both men and women.

Brie Bella is amazing because she is a wrestler and reality star, and also cares about the environment. She does it all. She has such an amazing sense of style as well. I love her hippie vibes, and she has her own swag. The prints and the way she carries herself is amazing. She inspires me because I love her style and I pride myself on liking unique clothing as well. She inspires me to work hard and show the world what I am capable of. She is a self-made star and worked hard to get to where she is. I can relate to that so much, I don't come from a wealthy or privileged place. I am a hard worker and Brie inspires me to keep going towards my goal.

Another person who truly inspires me is my best friend Nicole. Nicole is kindest, sweetest and most genuine person I know. My college experience would be nothing without her. I can proudly call her my best friend, sister and confidant. We click on every level. She has an amazing sense of who she is. Her sense of fashion is on point as well. She is so diverse, one day she can be "boho" the next day she can channel her inner Kardashian and look dope doing it. She is a body-positive activist and is amazing and encourages me and everyone else to be happy with who they are. She is the best person I know.

Toni Mahfud is someone who inspires me so much. He is a fashion blogger,artist and photographer. He is so cool and has such a cool sense of style and swag. He inspires me to dress uniquely and incorporate different pieces of clothing into my wardrobe.He inspires me to be different and embrace my uniqueness. His Instagram page is amazing, from the fashion, to his photography, to his art. I am also inspired by how he is self-made and worked hard. He inspired me to take my writing seriously. I've started putting myself out-there more, and it's been amazing. I have been a part of my college's literary magazine The Voyager since Fall 2015, and I am a part of Odyssey, which I also love doing.

I am thankful for all the people on this list. They have helped me and influenced me and have helped me find my way. I am more confident and happy in my own skin, and I feel good about myself. They helped me realize that I am capable of anything I put my mind too.