To The Odyssey Haters

To The Odyssey Haters

I'm subtweeting you.
19

Although I respect your opinion, I don't appreciate the hurtful words you have said about the content we have poured our blood, sweat, and tears into.

For those of you who don't know, there have been many hurtful tweets circulating Twitter feeds that have been downright upsetting to see by me as well as many other Odyssey Content Creators.

Yes, I understand we are not professionals, but we spend countless hours a week writing, proofreading, editing, and rewriting each week to make our articles the best they can possibly be.

Yes, I understand the topics we choose to write about may not be something you agree with, but that does not give you the right to bash all Content Creators and the hard work we put into our articles to make something relatable for our generation to read.

Yes, I understand my writing skills may not always be up to par with your standards, but with each article comes practice and the chance for me to better my skills at something that matters.

For me personally, I did not choose to write for the Odyssey to validate my opinions or give myself credibility.

I chose the Odyssey because I have a passion for writing, it's my escape from the world, it's something I love to do.

Odyssey allows so much more than my voice to be heard, it allows me to relate to people I don't even know, it gives others a voice when they feel they have none, and maybe, just maybe, my words have saved people along the way in their times of need, and that in itself is pretty special to me.

To the haters, I don't write for you. I write for myself. I write for my family members and friends. I write for the people who need to hear my message.

I am a normal human being just like you. I have a job, I go to school, and I have things that I love to do. So why do you hate on my passion?

While you have Twitter that may reach a total of one hundred views, we have Odyssey, which has such a large follower base our articles have the capability of going viral.

So the next time you hate on the Odyssey, just remember we are a huge network of people who have each others' backs with a wonderful tool and the freedom of choice to write about whatever we want.

My message to you: Find your own passion and run with it, develop it into something amazing. I won't hate on yours so stop hating on mine.

Sincerely,

Your average Odyssey Content Creator.