To The Next Girl He Falls For

To The Next Girl He Falls For

You probably don't want to hear from the ex-girlfriend, but please hear me out.

54
To The Next Girl He Falls For

To the next girl he falls for,

Hey, I get that you probably don't want to hear from the ex-girlfriend, but please hear me out.

I realize that he now likes you and has moved on. And I am okay with that.

You see, we had our time together and multiple chances to make it work. It just didn’t. A lot of this was due to the fact that we were young when we were together and then we began to grow apart as we became adults and tried to navigate our way through college. I was figuring myself out, and he was too. But then we realized things just weren’t the same anymore. Our goals didn’t match up, and we couldn’t see eye to eye on hardly anything. Little annoyances became huge fights and things got complicated. I couldn’t be what he wanted, and he couldn’t be what I needed. So our relationship eventually ended and it led him down a new path that eventually includes you.

I want you to know that I cared about him. I really did. I tried so hard for so many years to make it work with him. But a relationship shouldn’t be that difficult and I can only hope that it won’t be the same for you.

I hope he checks his ego at the door and lets you get to know him. I hope things come easy and you always want to be around him. I hope he can be your best friend, partner-in-crime and boyfriend. I hope he can keep it real with you- no lies, no games. I hope he makes you smile. I hope he gives you 100 percent.

And as for you, I hope you can give him your all as well. I hope that you are kind and genuine. I hope you can be what he is looking for. I hope you make him happy. I hope you have patience, but also know when to put your foot down. I hope you both grow as a couple and lift each other up, as that is the way a healthy relationship should be.

I wish you the best, his new girl.

Sincerely,

The girl that used to be his