To The Men Who Can't Handle Rejection

To the men who can’t handle rejection,

After posting what I have to say was a pretty adorable selfie on my social media this weekend, I received a message from a man who complimented me and seemed very interested in getting to know me. I said thank you, and politely declined. He seemed pretty determined to talk to me, though. In the end, I had to block him because he would not stop messaging me no matter how many times that I told him I wasn’t interested.

Now I’ll be the first to say that rejection sucks. No one likes feeling like they are not wanted. That being said, learn how to handle rejection gracefully. If you come onto someone and that person is not interested, just accept it and move on.

Recently, I have had some experience with a few men who could not handle rejection. I now have a better understanding as to why girls tend to be nice to men instead of just being blunt, and straight forward about how they feel. Some men, when faced with rejection, lash out and just get plain nasty. I have been called fat, ugly, bitch, etc., just because I was not interested in the guy who “slid into my DMs.” Now I am sorry if I may have hurt your ego but quite frankly, this is some bull. I have tried being nice, saying “I’m sorry but I’m really not looking to talk to anyone right now” but sometimes men are relentless. Maybe it is a primal thing, the thrill of the hunt, but women deserve to have their opinions and thoughts taken into consideration. If a female does not want to talk to you, respect her wishes like a gentleman should.

There is one thing that I don’t understand; I can be nice and polite, or blunt and straight forward, yet both yield the same results: an angry, ego-bruised man. The only time a man as respectfully accepted what I had to say is when I say that I am seeing someone already. He respected the other man enough to back off but not me. To me, that doesn’t make any sense. If I tell you that I am not interested in talking to or dating you, why is that not enough? Why do men respect other men more than the woman they are trying to get with?

Women are not objects, they are not anyone's property. If a woman politely declines your invitation to go out on a date or even talk, take that loss and move on. Do not try to persuade her otherwise. Do not lash out and make her feel bad for saying no. Do not make that poor girl pity you just because she did not want to go out with you. Have a little more respect for that woman and yourself and just move on gracefully.

And you shouldn't feel bad just because one girl doesn't want to go out with you. Your queen is out there waiting for you. Keep your head up and stay focused on your goals and she will appear in your life when the time is right.