Open Letter To The Love I Haven't Met Yet

My unknown dearest, please treat me with care.
1136

Dear Love,

I'm not used to this kind of thing, so please go slow with me. I have yet to experience love, or anything similar to it, and all I ask is you show me at my own pace. I will not surrender my well-being for you, because I have to be my own person, too. I'm not saying that I will not give you my all, because finding someone hasn't been easy. I've searched for you for a long time, even though the people around me told me that I should stop, and you will come to me on your own.

The truth is, I couldn't do that. I'm very persistent and know what I want when I see it. I'm not sure how I will meet you, where I'll meet you, or when, but just know that as soon as we meet, I will immediately be able to tell what it is. I hope you can recognize these feelings too, maybe not right away, but eventually. Although I'll know right away, I will still be just as confused as you will, because I won't know how to handle the way I feel.

With that being said, just keep in mind that I will always be there for you, anytime you need me. I will care for and love you no matter what and will be devoted to you in every way imaginable. I'm a romantic, so cute dates and watching the sunset together are what I prefer, but I also don't mind spending the entire Saturday flipping between football games while we snuggle on the couch (sometimes this means more to me than you realize).

When you meet my family, shake my father's hand with respect, because he is my world. If my daddy doesn't like you, odds are things won't last very long. Don't let this intimate you, because I chose you with this in mind. I cherish family, and love to spend as much time with them as I can, and I hope you feel the same about yours as well.

Heartbreak, something that goes hand in hand with being in love, is also something I haven't experienced (in this sense, anyway). So when it inevitably happens, be prepared that I will break down. I won't let you see me that way, but when I'm alone it will overcome me. I'm not sure how long it will affect me, depends on how badly I have been hurt, but once I do get past the hurt, I will rise taller than before, and will only thank you for making me stronger.

Love,

me