To The Judge That Sentenced Brock Turner

Mr. Persky, I'm a 3.5 GPA student, so how long would my sentence be if I stuck my foot up your ass?

22
CBSNews

Dear Mr. Aaron Persky,

I speak for millions of upset and angry Americans as they followed Mr. Brock Turner's case. Let's recap: Brock Turner raped a young unconscious women behind a dumpster January 18, 2015 around 1 am. February 2, 2015 he pleaded not guilty with 5 felony accounts. October 6, 2015, during the hearing, he again pleaded not guilty and 2 felony accounts were dropped. March 30, 2016, Mr. Turner was found guilty and his sentencing was scheduled for June 2, 2016. June 2nd, you, Judge Persky sentenced Mr. Turner to only 6 months of jail and three years of probation, when a few months prior he could have faced a maximum of 10 years in prison.

How does the nation feel about you? Well, many Americans hate you, and completely disagree with the sentence you gave Mr. Turner. They feel like you did not sentence him fairly and helped the white privileged family.

How do I feel about you? I hate you with a passion.

Why do I hate you? I hate you because instead of helping the young woman get justice, you gave Mr. Turner a less harsh sentence. And why did you that for him? Because the correct sentence would have had a "severe impact" on his life.

Well, this woman is forever severely impacted because of Mr. Turner. She is scarred mentally, emotionally, and physically. She will probably start having to see a therapist and be put on medications to help her move on from this experience. She will struggle with trusting strangers, she probably won't go out for months if not years. She will not receive the same college experience that everyone else gets to have if she decides to return to school.

But when I say she, I also speak for many women. A good friend of mine is traumatized from this case, and I know for a fact she is not the only one. It is sad that this case will now be used in the courts as an example so the rapist won't get as harsh of a penalty as they deserve.

As for Brock Turner, he is sitting at home with his mother and father eating a wonderful dinner after they played golf all day. The Turners believe that their son didn't do anything wrong and it is the victims fault for being out that night. His parents did everything to their power so their son wouldn't be punished.

Here's another thing that pisses me off: while googling your name, Mr. Persky, I found something very interesting. In 2011 you had another case just like Mr. Turners involving De Anza college baseball team members who were accused of gang-raping an unconscious female. And you found all of the boys not guilty.

Yet again, Mr. Persky, you are telling young men that it is okay to have sexual intercourse with a female even if she does not consent with the actions. And last time I checked, Mr. Persky, that is considerate RAPE.

Here's the definition of rape, just in case you forgot.

"unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim."

So in both of these major cases, those boys should have been convicted of rape. And if someone is convicted of rape, they can be sentenced up to life in prison and have to be put on the sex offenders list. You only gave Mr. Turner 6 months, and 3 months in he was released for "good behavior."

So this is what I want to get at, Mr. Persky. What you did in both of these cases was very unethical. You are telling boys that it is okay to rape a woman, whether she is unconscious or conscious. You are also telling them that if they get caught, there might be a small consequences, but nothing major. As for females, you are saying that it is the victims fault for going out and getting too drunk, or for wearing that outfit out to the bar. You are telling these young females that if someone touches them or sexually assaults them, it is their fault. Lastly, you are degrading women by slapping these males on the wrist and putting them back into the same community as them.

Whether I walk into a bar butt-ass naked, or in sweat pants and a hoodie, I'M NOT ASKING FOR IT.

You, Mr. Persky, have made rape seem to be socially acceptable when it is not acceptable at all. Thanks for not bringing justice to the women that deserved it.