To The House That's Still Standing

To The House That's Still Standing

Because you are legendary a piece of work.

15
To The House That's Still Standing
quotehd.com

Hello There,

I’m sure you would recognize me if you were still here, but that’s not the case. I’m that little girl that’s always stepping in your space. I’ve been doing it for 20 years don’t you know? You have been through quite a lot in that time frame and I am sure my family can full-on agree with me on this subject.

When I was three I lived in you, it took about four years to get rid of us because your family members (my house) was changing. All your rooms were like they were when my mom was a kid. The staircase seemed dim because of how you lit it. Your floors and windows kept us grounded and alive, even when I feel on multiple occasions from being an accident-prone child. Everything about you drawn everyone in, no one would ever stop visiting you.

Years pass and you made a color choice, that was a change. Even your inner walls got a tad bit brighter and only your kitchen floors changed. Though it was quite a change everyone still visited you and never lost sight of what you were before this new color and design. Your garage was torn down but a shed was made for more memories my mother to make in there. As many as the garage made for everyone the shed can be saved for some.

Living with you again my last year of high school I saw more changes. Your tall tree pals were taken down before they wreck you from how old they were (and I bet you both were about the same age). You developed new roof shingles to maintain that young look, but your color was peeling off (though you had it since I was 13). It was time for more changes to be made in this case.

The present arrives, and you develop everything new. There’s a wood shed with you new popping color to you and your porch. A ramp and a walkway were made for the front and back of you for my grandfather’s sake. Once more people came back to our lives we painted a bedroom for two little kids and made it a child's bedroom. You gain an inside to your back porch for a more “homie appeal.”

Everything about you kept this family alive. All the memories you gave from Christmases to picnics, even my high school graduation party I didn’t fully ask for, you name it. Those memories are still alive in our hearts and we won’t get rid of them. I’m sure every family member remembers you differently and thank you for everything you have done for almost a full century. Keep standing tall and proud.

Sincerely,

A Younger Generation Looking Back