To The Girl Who Is Stuck In A Rut Lately

Pulling yourself out of the crazy mental fog we put ourselves in.

70
Flickr

We've all been there. We all hit certain points in our lives where we feel like we're running in place, never getting anywhere no matter how hard we try.

A lot of the times, it's either one or two things. The first reason being that we think we're doing all we can, but we really aren't reaching our full potential or trying nearly as hard as we could be. The second reason being, you are busting your butt constantly, always trying to catch up but you're getting burnt out.

Stop.

Stop thinking so much. Trust yourself. Trust the process. Overthinking only gets you so far, and a lot of the time when we overthink, we are just creating these scenarios that never even existed. So stop getting yourself worked up over fake things. We all go through things in life that make us want to give up and throw in the towel. I wish it was that easy to get rid of your problems! Regardless, if you throw in that towel, those problems are still there to look you in the face. So, there's really no point in giving up on whatever it is that's beating you down.

Take a breath.

You are fine. You're not actually drowning here. It might feel like you're drowning in your own thoughts, but let's be real here; you're doing it to yourself. Relax. Take a bubble bath. Go for a walk. Problems are never solved overnight, we always have to remind ourselves of this. I personally have felt like I've been stuck in this really awful place for a few months now, and I will be the first to admit that I am so ridiculously harsh on myself. I can't help it, I'm a Virgo. It's what we do. Slowly, I've been learning to take on one thing at a time and not think into things so much. Okay, so you have a problem. Instead of complaining about it, freaking out about how much your life sucks, think about all of the solutions that can help solve that problem. No one likes a whiney complainer.

Trust your gut.

If you're feeling some kind of way, it's for a reason, stop going against your better judgement. People can only help you so much, it is you that knows yourself the best at the end of the day. Don't completely rely on others to pull yourself out of your rut, because you are going to be the only one who can. So, either help pull yourself out of the hole, or keep digging yourself further. Your choice.

In the end, we only have one life to live here, people. So why waste time on freaking out that you're stuck in life? Your story has already been written, there is nothing you can do that will change that.

Everything will work out in due time, my friend, I promise.