To The Girl Who Doesn't Like Me

To The Girl Who Doesn't Like Me

Trust me when I say I wish it wasn’t like this.

20
To The Girl Who Doesn't Like Me
thisislifeblood.com

To the girl who doesn’t like me:

This is actually pretty hard to start, considering we do not speak to each other and when passing, we exchange in pretty nasty eye contact that’s really not necessary. I feel like we’ve gotten to the point where we don’t even really know how this started... Most likely, a bunch of things I did (or you think I did) added up until one last thing was the final straw for you. Or it was just a vibe thing. We just didn’t click. But no matter what it was, please know I don’t want it to be this way.

I don’t like the dirty looks. I don’t like hearing things about what you say (or what I said). I don’t like the awkward tension. I don’t like the uneasy situation we put our mutual friends in. None of it is worth it. Why are we living in the past? Why are we making something out of a problem that isn’t even affecting us right now? Why are we wasting our time when life is happening on a big scale for the both of us? I think we both need to re-evaluate and prioritize what really matters in our lives. And I can tell you right now, the root of this problem is not what matters.

Girls should be supportive of each other. We struggle enough with pressures from society, school, and yeah, even boys. We don’t need it from each other. We should be building each other up, not bringing each other down. We should work together and encourage one another to be the best we can be. You know how I work, I know how you work… we’re both girls. We both know we’re crazy and overthink things, we both put pressure on ourselves to outshine the other when we know it’s not even worth our time or energy. When we could just not worry about what the other is doing and do our own thing. Live life.

I’m really sorry things have to be like this. It was never my intention to make another girl feel so bad or upset that she feels so much dislike for me. All I ever want is for other girls to feel beautiful and empowered to be who they want to be. I want you to have everything you desire and more. Because you really deserve it. I know how hard you work each day in everything you do… I know the countless hours you put into looking beautiful, I know the dedication you have for whatever you are passionate in, and I know the determination and effort you put into school. I know because I do the same exact thing every single day of my life. We do the same things and our minds are stressed-filled with the same thoughts. We both wake up every morning and put our pants on the same way… trust me, we aren’t that different.

I’m not saying we have to be friends. Or that we need to be overly-friendly with each other. Because we both know that will just be rooted in fakeness and insincerity. I’m not asking you to forgive me, and I never said I would forgive you. All I’m asking is that we live with toleration and respect. We shouldn’t have to consume our thoughts wondering what the other is saying about us, because it just shouldn’t be said. If we don’t have anything nice to say, both of us should strive to just not say anything at all.

We can both safely agree on the fact that confronting each other about this will do more harm than good, no matter what our friends might say. There is no point in “talking it out” because we both know we aren’t going to “work things through”. It will probably lead to one of us saying something we regret, making more of an issue than there was to begin with. We don’t like each other and that’s just the way it is. And we can live like this, as long as we learn to accept and respect one another.

So, take this letter as my “confrontation.” This is my way of accepting that you don’t like me and knowing that I can’t do anything about it. And neither can you. But know that I’m over it… the mean looks, trash talking, and uneasy tension. I respect you and hope that eventually we can overcome all of this.

From,

The Girl You Can’t Stand