To The Friends That Saw Me At My Worst

To The Friends That Saw Me At My Worst

​It hasn't been easy, but your faithfulness is what has kept me going

52
Unsplash

Life hasn't dealt me the best hand lately. I've stumbled, I've wanted to give up, and at my worst, you were there.

You listened to me cry and scream and watch me go day by day with a gloomy cloud over my head.

But you never left my side. You never told me you couldn't help me. You never stopped me from complaining.

You watched me fall into an abyss of sadness. You put your arms around me when I couldn't catch my breath. You looked at me and said "you are better than this. You can do better than this"

And I can't thank you enough for it. I can't thank you enough for staying silent when all I needed was to scream. I can't thank you enough for literally picking me up off of the ground when I just couldn't stand anymore. When I was cussing and yelling at the things that had torn my life completely apart.

On the days when I didn't want to get out of bed, you pushed me to get up. You looked at me and said "you will get through this". And even though you didn't understand my sadness, you said you were sorry over and over again and let me have my moment.

You are the reason I am doing better. You are the reason I have been able to get up each day, wipe the tears off of my face, and continue to fight from rock bottom.

Thank you for being you. Thank you for loving me when it was hard. Thank you for never leaving.

I will never be able to thank you enough for helping me through the toughest time in my life. I will never be able to thank you enough for giving me the strength to move on.

I don't know how I got so lucky to have you in my life. But I am where I am today, because of you.