What It Feels Like To Turn 20 And Leave Your Teens Behind Forever

A Thank You To My Teen Years As I Turn 20

Thank you for the ups and downs.

484

By the time this gets published, it will be the week that my teen years are over and I turn 20 years old. It's already crazy to think that it was only 7 years ago that I turned 13 and I felt like I was on top of the world. But of course, time brings about changes.

So before I say goodbye to being a teen and saying that I beat teen pregnancy, I want to reflect on the time I had as a teen.

Of course, I turned 13 before middle school started. So I was one of the older people in my grade with a birthday on August 8th. I soon was able to accept that. I never thought I would talk about middle school again as it was a very embarrassing time, but it's pretty much necessary to talk about it in something like this. I was still trying to figure out who I was, and the two years of middle school are something that I'm glad I can put in the past. The crushes I had, the ankle and knee injuries in eighth grade, the struggles I had in various classes. Then high school came around and I knew who I was.

High school was where I learned that I am a band geek. I loved playing the flute and I loved learning new music. It was then where I learned that I wanted to be a special education major thanks to challenger baseball. I was able to graduate with a great group of friends who I know will stick with me as I will with them. Of course, high school had its downs. I lost both my nana and pop, there were some classes I struggled with, and of course friend drama. But still was able to leave high school on a high note.

My first year of college was similar, but a tad bit different. I was away from home for months at the age of 19, I was on my own without my parents. When I turn 20, I know that I will of course still be calling my mom to ask her about various questions like I did last year. But it's something that comes with growing up and being an adult.

While I end this, being my last article as a teen, I welcome my roaring twenties with open arms.

But I will never forget my time as a teen.