To those of you starting high school

To My Sister Starting High School, Take A Deep Breath And Enjoy One Of The Best Parts Of Growing Up

In high school, you can meet your lifelong friends or decide who want to be in this life.

132

To my little sister, you are beginning a great time in life. High school was awesome for me I made so many new friends and learned many things. For some people, this time in their lives are the best four years of their lives. You will make friends and you may even lose some but just know it all depends on the choices you make.

Every time I think back to my high school days I think about how those were the years that I figured out it's OK to just be me and not worry so much about what people think. I think about how I learned not all people are looking out for the good of my wellbeing (you can't always think the best of people). It is OK to not be the girl with all the friends. I have learned from experience that with friends a rule to live by is quality over quantity. You wanna be with people that are there to make you better, not pull you down.

One thing about high school is that for most people, up until high school, schoolwork was easy for them. Then when they get to high school they have to learn how to study and realize its OK to make one C in an AP class as long as you have tried your best and know how to improve next time. Teachers won't always love you even if you have done nothing wrong, it happens. You also will have teachers that love you and that will be a huge part of your life for the next four years even if you don't have their class.

People will always tell you high school flies by and it really does but don't be pressured by all the people that know exactly what they want to do and where they want to go in life. It's OK to not know yet. I am in college and still don't fully know. Enjoy the time you have where it is OK to not know and just have fun.

Listen to your gut. Not only are you growing up but your friends are too and some of them may choose to go down a path you do not want to go down. If they want to do something and you get a feeling that you maybe shouldn't do it then don't. This will be better for you in the long run.

Also, appreciate our parents. They do so much for us and you may not see everything they do now but it is a lot. They won't always be able to cook you a meal or wash your clothes or clean your room. When you go off to college that all falls on you and you will wish our mom and dad could do that stuff for you again.

Lastly, you will always have me. It doesn't matter if I am five miles away or 50,000 miles away I will always be there for you to talk about anything and everything or even to just listen without judgment. I have been through it and I can't wait to watch you grow from it.