To My Sister, During Her Freshman Year.

To My Sister, During Her Freshman Year.

to the only one i've got and the only one i'll ever need ;)

167
family photo

Sister,

Words are never going to be able to describe how insanely proud I am of you this year. You've survived high school, graduated and managed to succeed at almost everything you put your mind to. But now your taking one of the biggest steps towards adulthood. And that step is only one of many monumental changes that have happened this past year.

College is new, college is scary, but remember, the greatest challenges are what define us.

A challenge to say the least. College will test you in more ways than one. Yes the campus is bigger, the professors can be strange, and those classes, well, those will make you want to tear your hair out and run back screaming back to high school. But these four years will change and shape you more than you can imagine.

Now is when you get to decide who you'll be. The sky's the limit, and College is there to help you decide what you'll make of it. You have everything at your fingertips. Now reach out and seize it. We're fortunate enough to have that opportunity and I know you'll do amazing things with it.

I know it's scary, I know it's painful. You're out of your element. You're in a new place and you have yet to find your footing. Luckily, you have Mom, Dad, and an older sister that have all been through it, love you and want to do everything we can to help.

One of the hardest things about college is starting over in a sea of new people. You have to start from scratch and manage to succeed even though you're completely out of your comfort zone. College is meant to test you because the real world will test you.

Not all of college is work though. This will be your home for the next four years at least. I would tell you to branch out and get to know your surroundings. Find a cute coffee shop to study or a place to get away. Once you have a comfort zone on or near campus everything won't be so scary and new. Eventually your new campus will feel like home.

I wish our family was nearby, I know they wish they were as well. But we all know that you can do this. You're someone who's managed to excel at almost everything you attempt and this will be no different. I have all the faith in the world that you can do this. I wish I were there to be your big sister and help you and make it better but it doesn't work like that.

I know you can do this and that you'll do brilliantly. I miss you so much but i'm so excited for you to take this step. You have so much potential and I know that you will thrive at whatever you choose to do. Remember that your college career is yours and yours only. The next four will be a roller coaster but I know you'll do great things with them. And whenever it becomes a little too much, i'm just a phone call away.

All my love.