To My Little Brother

To My Little Brother

You're getting too old, stop growing.

472
Samantha Ziganto

Growing up with a younger brother has to be one of the best things that life could give you. You toughened me up, made me a stronger person and always kept things real, absolutely no sugar coating. We have just recently gotten close, but even though it wasn't always that way, I knew one day you would become my best friend.

We fought like most siblings, but when it really comes down to it, I have been through the most traumatic and wonderful events of my life with you. Some of my favorite memories are with you. Spending time in Branson, going to Mexico, ping pong in grandma's basement, covering for each other, etc. Now that we're older I think we both understand that no one is going to understand most of the things we have been through except for each other. Being there for each other is something we have always understood.

Being able to go to school together is something I will always be grateful for. Being able to see you almost every day and bother you was something I always wanted to do as an older sister. I loved being able to show you around, tell you what classes to take and what teachers to avoid so you would have the best experience.

Watching you grow up and find your path has been one of the coolest things to watch, especially as your sister. Setting a good example for you was always one of my goals, but our paths could not be more different. Your love and drive to create music is amazing, you spend hours on the production of your music and it's so good. I'm so proud of you.

You're going to be 18 pretty soon and that means a few things, lottery tickets, cigarettes, tattoos, piercings, no parental permission (for a few things.) You are about to be an adult and I am so proud of the things you have accomplished so far. You have a lot more to do and I can't wait to watch you do it all. Happy 18th Birthday G!