To My Husband

To My Husband

The love. The journey. The friendship.

427
To My Husband
facebook.com/tiedknotshots

My Love, My Love, My Endless Love,

It’s been four years since we met and six months since we got married, and I can only say I love you more than I did yesterday. When we met, I had little idea how far we would go and only had a hope for the place we would end up, but here we are and I’ve enjoyed every step of the way. You truly are my best friend.

First, thank you for being yourself. I always wanted, and certainly got, “tall, dark and handsome.” But what I didn’t realize is that there would be so much more. You make me laugh every day. You make dinner when I’m slammed with homework. You take the time to drive me to and pick me up from work, simply to have more time with me. You encourage me to play the piano because you know how much I love it. You go grocery shopping with me. You tell me “thank you” for every little thing I do. You clean the bathroom and take out the garbage, without being asked. You’re honest in the situations you find yourself in. You drop everything and serve those who need your help.

I could go on and on, but I just want you to know that I notice and that I’m thankful. Every girl has an idea about what marriage is, but you blew my vision out of the water. You’ve made marriage way better than what it appeared to be everywhere else.

Second, I know we’ve had it pretty good so far. We’ve hardly argued at all, and even then it was little and blew over quickly. It made my love for you grow, knowing that we could get through the good and the bad. But just for future reference, thank you for being willing to talk, even though I know it’s hard sometimes. So far, our talking has kept us liking each other and, heaven knows, we don’t ever want that to stop.

Third, thank you for loving me despite my weaknesses. We aren’t perfect, but it’s the journey to perfection that I would rather take with you more than anyone else. You’re forgiving. I don’t feel judged when I make a mistake, you simply encourage me to be the best I can. You’ve been my partner and best friend in times of weakness, rather than my parents, and that has meant the world to me.

I’m glad last winter we realized that losing each other would be a lot harder than marrying each other. We were right! We have a long way to go, but I’ve never been happier. Thank you for being you, thank you for letting me be myself, and thank you for giving me eternity.

Love,

Your Wife