To My Hawkeye Soulmate

To My Hawkeye Soulmate

You are more amazing then you even know.
0

My dear, I cannot believe I found you. Another soul that loves and knows Hawkeye football like mine does. And I didn't ever expect to find you here. But I beyond happy that I did, because that means I am not alone in the days I have spent cursing, crying, and cheering for the Iowa Hawkeyes.

We met because of homecoming, and let me tell you, you can dance. Between the two of us I think we shocked the group. But when I realized you were as much of a Hawkeye fan as I am I realized there was something even more special about you. And that led to a friendship I could never, even if I tried, replace.

We watched the Michigan State game together, and we both cheered and cried as we fell in those last few moments. We texted during the Rose Bowl, or what little I could bear to watch. But then basketball came, and I knew you were a keeper.

Somehow our love for the Hawks expanded to dying my hair together, going to your house for the weekend, and sleepovers almost every weekend of our spring semester. You encouraged me to do my homework, you came and supported me in the things I did. And I realized that I had not only found my Hawkeye soulmate, but I had found one of my best friends.

This season we aren't together, and it breaks my heart. But we often exchange a few words about the Hawks on Saturday. Watching the World Series without you is hard, but I love the Snapchats. I cannot wait for November 12, when we will both be at Kinnick Stadium, under the lights, ready to take on Michigan.

I can't imagine my life without you. And even though both of our dreams to play under Lisa Bluder ended in high school, I wouldn't want to play if I wouldn't be able to meet you.

I love you. Go Hawks.