To My Best Friends Who I Hope Never Become My Ex-Best Friends

Although there isn’t many of them, they mean the world to me.
Mary Rom
Mary Rom
36

Originally this was supposed to be to my best friend who I hope never becomes my ex-best friend, BUT I have more than one best friend. The best friends I have now are the people I met through my old elementary/high school. Admittedly, there are some people that I was close to in high school, and don’t talk to much now. If you told me that would be the case about four years ago or so, I’d tell you you’re lying and that it would never happen.

With everything in life, things happen, whether you want them to or not. My group of friends is small, and I really hope it doesn’t get any smaller. What I have learned from losing friendships is that, you need to know when it’s time to apologize and you need to know when it’s time to let go. You can be angry, and hurt all you want but at the end of the day it’s hurting you.

My best friends know how to make me laugh like no one else does. They know when I’m about to cry, or tell someone off. In either situation, they have always been behind me 100 percent of the way, and always know when to tell me if I’m on the wrong side of a situation. I’m not saying our friendships are perfect, we fight, we laugh, and we forgive. It may not always be easy at times, but I don’t think I would be half the person I am now without the best friends I have in my life right now.

There are days where I miss the friends that I no longer have in my life, and look back fondly on all the memories we’ve made together fondly. I hope to never lose the best friends I have.