Through milestones we as individuals go through, they all require one thing. A goodbye. They're never easy and they get harder and harder the more we encounter them. For me personally, I had to go through two of the hardest goodbyes when my two best friends left college and joined the big scary world, with their careers and apartments on their own. This is for you.

I am so proud of the two of you.
The two of you worked so hard to get to the point where you’re at now and I couldn’t be happier. Graduating a semester early proved to not be the easiest at times but with hard work and determination, the two of you did it. Now that you’re both off in the real world, you guys are maturing into two beautiful women who are going out to reach for your dreams and become the successful independent women you are.

I will always cherish the memories we’ve made.
High school was an amazing time that we all spent together with memories I am still fond of. Once we got to college we not only created more memories to last a lifetime, but we watched each other grow as people. We transitioned into adulthood and if I do say so myself, we did it pretty darn well.

Don’t ever feel alone.
Whether we come back to our hometowns, or we go off to cities we can’t pronounce, places we’ve never been, or random small towns somewhere isolated like Iowa…we must always remember that home is what we make of it. Even if we’re thousands of miles apart, we’re all only a phone call away. We can be on the next flight out in any case of an emergency, and distance will seem so little.

I promise to keep in touch.
I promise that we will have continuous FaceTime dates, weekly phone calls, and always celebrate when we’re together as if no time has passed. I promise we will always pick right back up where we left off, and we will always be prominent people in each other’s lives. I also promise we’ll keep a tradition of an annual girl’s vacation. Whether it’s Vegas, Europe, or just a spa staycation, I promise to make time for that.

I will always praise my thanks to the two of you.
The two of you have not only become some of the most amazing women that I could ask to have in my life, but you’ve also helped shape and make me the woman I am today. It’s safe to say my high school self would be so proud of the person I’ve become, but I have the two of you to blame for that. Through ups and downs, fights and make-ups, boy troubles and heartbreaks, the two of you have been by my side even when I didn’t think I needed you two. Even when I didn’t deserve it you guys were there to put your input on situations, and take charge when I needed you most. Thank you.

Now that we’re going through this next chapter of our life, I not only wish you the best, but I hope you remember how much I love you. How I am here for you through thick and thin, and there are no such things as goodbyes. Only see you laters. I cannot wait for all the memories we have to come, and I can’t wait to see where else life takes us.