To My Baby Brother On His 18th Birthday

To My Baby Brother On His 18th Birthday

I guess you're not so little anymore.
634

Congrats! You're legal!

Well... sort of. You can vote and buy lottery tickets, but you can't drink. You're also a legal adult in the eyes of the law, so remember that next time you go out and do crazy stuff with your buddies. It's almost a little bit scary, right? You can get in all of this trouble AND you're going to lose your hour-long breaks at work, but I promise you it isn't that bad. Don't get too nervous yet.

Even though this year is one of the scariest of your life, it's also one of the most amazing. You're getting ready to start the next chapter of your life!

You'll start taking some college classes soon and before you know it you'll have a full-time job. Your friends won't be far behind you. You'll all be able to go on adventures outside of our little hometown and you'll find yourself doing things you never would've dreamed of.

Keep an open mind at all times and don't be afraid to try new things.

I will always be here for you when life gets rough. Being your big sister is one of my greatest privileges, I'm so blessed to have you as my brother.

Even though we hated each other for the majority of our middle school years, I'm glad we've made it to where we are now.

You are one of my favorite Snapchat streaks, my most heartwarming phone call, and my most loving hug. I hope you always love "The Polar Express" and playing with our little cousins. I hope you always keep that goofy smile on your face while you tell silly jokes and stories about crazy people in the grocery store.

You have filled your 18 years with love and you have brought happiness to everyone close to you. Your sweet heart and kind spirit are worth more than you know in this world, and they will take you so far. Thank you for being the sweetest, most generous, most loving, and all around best little brother that anyone could ask for. I love you so much, Bubba.

Happy 18th birthday.