Friendship

To All The Friends I've Loved Before

Thank you, friends, for everything.

136
To All The Friends I've Loved Before
Taylor Cust

Almost 4 months ago, Netflix released "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" and it broke the internet. Tweets of Peter Kavinsky flooded twitter, gifs of the now infamous pocket scene appeared on everyone's Instagram timelines for the next week. For anyone who hasn't seen it by now, here's a mini backstory. In the movie, the main character Lara Jean (a.k.a. LJ) over the years has written these love letters to all of the boys that she has had a major crush on, explaining her feelings rather than actually telling them how she felt. Each time she would sign and address them and then put them in this one specific box in her closet. Well one day, one of her past crushes comes up to her with the letter she wrote him a few years ago in his hand. As the day goes on, one by one, they come up to her with the letter in hand.

I took the message of "everyone is in your life for a reason and a season" and applied that to my friendships rather than my relationships. Something that I've come to realize is that friendship break ups hurt just as bad if not more than relationship break ups. I mean that's someone that you told all of your deepest darkest secrets with, shared your life with and made some of your best and most memorable memories with, for that to suddenly be all over is heartbreaking. SO, I decided that I would write my own letter(s). But instead of to the boys that my heart has grown fond of, I am going to write to the friends that I became attached to throughout my lifetime. Well… here I go.

To: All the friends I've loved before

105 Thank you blvd, Its been great, FL, 32725

Dear Friends past, present, and future,

If you're reading this right now and we've had some kind of bond in anyway over the years I would like to thank you. I would also like to say, boy have we been through it. We've laughed until we've cried and cried until we laughed. We have made memories that I will never forget and I'm sure one day I will tell my kids. No matter what, I want you to know that I am grateful for you. If you felt as though I didn't show you at the time, then I am terribly sorry and I never meant for you to feel unappreciated. But to all of you that have ever walked into my life for however long it was for I wouldn't be who I am today without you and what you brought into my life at the time. Maybe you were my shoulder to cry on when I needed it or maybe I was yours. Maybe you were the sunshine in my day when it never stopped raining. Maybe you were part of my smile or maybe you were apart of the tears that fell down my face at night. At this point I don't exactly remember but I do know now that whatever it was, I needed in my life. I hope that wherever you are right now in life that you are happy and thriving. And if you're not, I wish you nothing but that and all the best throughout the rest of your journeys. I hope good things and blessings come your way in the very near future. Life is very short and is by no means guaranteed. Live your life by what is best for you and your loved ones and never forget that it will be okay in the end no matter how bad things are right now. I love you and can't wait to see the great things life has in store for you.

Sincerely yours,

A friend.

We have all had those people in our lives that we thought would stay forever and then one day they just disappeared into thin air. Gone like they were never there and that was just that. In some cases it's a good thing because we needed to get rid of the toxicity, other times things just happen and unfortunately don't work out. Whatever the reason they are now gone or have been distanced and things are different now because of it.But that does not always have to mean that they are gone for a bad reason or that them being gone is a bad thing. Sometimes people just grow apart and things change. That is just a fact of life that we have to deal with. Like everyone says what matters is how you handle yourself and what you do after the fact. So it is your choice on if you want to be angry LJ or happy LJ.