To College Kids On Christmas Break, Sit Back And Relax

We made it through another semester!
23

Well, we made it! We’re dead, but we’re alive. Finals really handed it to us. The semester was tough. We are mentally drained from trying to solve math problems and memorize the structure of the human brain.

Sometimes we thought the work we were doing was a complete waste of time and would never benefit our futures. I honestly think college is a game of who is mentally tough. Sometimes you have to know what you’re doing, but sometimes you just have to keep going without breaking.

Now that we’ve made it through another semester, regardless of grades, let’s celebrate with a break. This Christmas break, let’s not stress, worry about school, or think about what could have been. We can’t go back and change anything, so let’s just look forward to what’s next! So here are some things you could do over break to forget about school.

FAMILY, of course! The best part about break is getting to see your family! I always love seeing my dysfunctional family. We play card games, watch sports, and eat way more than we should. They’re loud and always teasing each other, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I hope you all get the time to see your families.

Even when they embarrass you and tease you, they’re really just saying they love you. Enjoy them over break because before you know it, we’ll be back at Purdue where we have to cook for ourselves and do our own laundry.

Next, you can watch alllll the movies and Netflix you want because, hey, you deserve it! You don’t have to worry about the homework you have due or the test you have to study for. Don’t feel guilty, finish the entire season and then the next one after that. Make sure you watch every single Christmas movie out there! Clearly, "Elf" is the best Christmas movie, so get a good group together, pop some popcorn, and enjoy!

Slumber parties! All your friends from high school will be home, so make sure you get to catch up with each other. I mean, those are the people that helped you survive for four years. See how they’re doing, but do not talk about school or grades. Talk about something better like old memories and what you want for Christmas. Friends are the greatest gift, so do not forget to see them before you have to go back!

Have fun this break, Boilermakers! Go ice skating, bake cookies, watch movies, and laugh. Enjoy yourself, and move on from this semester. You deserve to celebrate the hard work you put in.

You should sit back and relax! We’re jumping into a new year, so let’s start fresh with a smile. See you on campus in 2018!

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays