Dear best friend,

You are the definition of a true best friend, and I am blessed to say that you are mine.

I remember the day I left Colorado like it was yesterday. My biggest fear was losing contact with you, and losing the friendship we had. I feared that we would lose touch, and once we made new friends we would just forget about each other. I am so thankful to be able to stand here five years later and be able to say that the distance hasn't changed a thing between us. We can go weeks without talking to each other then pick up the phone and its as if no time has passed. All of my friends here know so many stories about us and majority haven't even met you. You have remained as such a big part in my life.

No matter what you have always been there for me. I can literally tell you anything about anyone here (even though most of the time you have no clue who I am talking about) and you always listen and offer your advice. It is crazy to see where our lives have taken us because if you would've told us in middle school that we wouldn't be going to the same college or even that we wouldn't be living in the same time-zone we would have thought you were crazy. We had everything planned out from the schools we would go to, to even the apartments we would live in. While we were young and naive, it all felt like it was going to be real.

As much as I miss my home and always wonder what my life would be like if I never moved here, I know it was all apart of a bigger plan and it was for the best. I am thankful for the experiences I've had in my new home, and I'm even more thankful that I still have you to call up and reminisce on our times together. Having you in Colorado just gives me another reason to come back home, and gives you a reason to come and visit me. The excitement of counting down the days until we see each other again is one of my favorite feelings and if I hadn't moved we would've never known what that would feel like.

Without you and your constant support, I truly would not be where I am today. I love you and can not wait to see you so soon.