To All The Guys Who Never Responded

To All The Guys Who Never Responded

Thank you.

34
To All The Guys Who Never Responded
Hannah Shaw

To all the boys who never responded,

Thank you.

Up until now, my situation with guys has never been ideal; in fact, it has hardly even existed. Every situation ended the exact same way eventually, some just more quickly than others. We met and would start texting, my heart pounded out of my chest at every sight of your name. I had high hopes every single time that you would be the one. I thought I had finally found someone who cared. We would text essentially non-stop and on few occasions, meet up and hang out. It was all very casual. Everything would seem like it was going well. We never really had an argument or much of a disagreement. Nobody was cheating or doing anything wrong; the situation seemed to be going just fine, until one day everything stopped. I would go to bed one night with everything going smoothly, and wake up the next and, as usual, text him, and never get a response. I waited hours and hours turned into days without a single response or explanation. The only thought in my mind was: what could I have done? I replayed every scenario in my head, every time we hung out, every conversation, every text message and couldn’t find the slightest error in my words or motives, nor the slightest indication from him that something was wrong. It’s amazing how one day everything is fine, and the next day it is as if I never existed. This is something that really eats away at you. It’s heart breaking and an immense blow to your self-esteem and self-confidence, and it never gets easier with every repetition. In fact, it hurts a little bit more each time because you wonder how you could be so stupid to fall into the same trap time and time again. How could you make the same mistakes every single time? Oh wait, you never made any mistake in the first place, except perhaps bad taste.

My life was disappointment after disappointment. I tried to give up on boys, time and time again, but can you ever truly give up on the desire for love? The desire to love and be loved in return is human nature, and it can’t be ignored or suppressed. So I would try again and again with the same result. I got lost in the misunderstanding of love. I began to associate that dreaded four-letter word with negativity and impossibility all because every single guy I had ever been interested in painted it that way for me. I was hopeless.

That was my life up until now. That was my life until I tried the same thing I have always tried and succeeded. That was my life until someone redefined that dreaded four-letter word and showed me the true meaning of love. That was my life until I met a man far superior, far more intelligent, far more caring, far more attractive and far more loving than all the other guys combined.

I now find humor in seeing all these past guys’ “woe is me” and “hit me up if you wanna talk” posts. Part of me wants to message every single one of them and express how they might not still be depressed, desperate and single if they wouldn’t have ignored me. I bet they would be more grateful for my efforts now that they realize how hard it is to find someone, but I believe karma has that covered.

Now I simply want to thank these guys, yes thank the guys who broke my heart repeatedly and caused me so much pain for so long. I wish to thank them for not giving me a chance, because if they wouldn’t have thrown me to the curb, I wouldn’t have met my soulmate. So thank you for not responding to my texts and allowing me to stay single long enough to find genuine true love.