TL431A: Regulators, Pinout, Equivalents
News

TL431A: Regulators, Pinout, Equivalents

TL431A

4
TL431A: Regulators, Pinout, Equivalents

TL431A

TL431A: Regulators, Pinout, Equivalents

TL431A Description

TL431A Features

TL431A CAD Model

TL431A Functional Block Diagram

TL431A Equivalents

TL431A Recommended Operating Conditions

Specifications

TL431A Applications

TL431A Package

TL431A Manufacturer

Frequently Asked Questions in TL431A

Datasheet PDF

Parts with Similar Specs

Market Analysis

TL431A Description

The TL431A devices are three-terminal adjustable shunt regulators that have been thermally stabilized for use in military, commercial, and automotive applications. With the help of two external resistors, the output voltage can be adjusted to any value between Vref (about 2.5 V) and 36 V. The normal output impedance of these devices is 0.2. These devices are good alternatives to Zener diodes in various applications, including onboard regulation, adjustable power supplies, and switching power supplies, because to active output circuitry's highly sharp turn-on characteristic. The electrical and functional parameters of the TL431 device and the TL431A device are identical, but the pinouts for the DBV, DBZ, and PK packages are different.

TL431A Features

Voltage Adjustment: Vref to 36 V

Operation Between -40 and 125 °

Temperature Drift Typically (TL43xB)

Very Low Noise

Typical Output Impedance: 0.2

1 to 100 mA sink-current capability

TL431A CAD Model

Symbol

Footprint

3D Model

TL431A Functional Block Diagram

TL431A Equivalents

Part Number

Description

Manufacturer

TL431BVLPRAGPOWER CIRCUITS

Voltage Reference, Programmable Precision, Shunt Regulator, TO-92 (TO-226) 5.33mm Body Height, 2000-REEL

onsemi

TL431BQLPPOWER CIRCUITS

Three Terminal Voltage Reference, 1 Output, 2.495V, Trim/Adjustable, BIPolar, PBCY3, ROHS COMPLIANT, PLASTIC, TO-226, TO-92, 3 PIN

Rochester Electronics LLC

TL431BCLPPOWER CIRCUITS

1-OUTPUT TWO TERM VOLTAGE REFERENCE, 2.495V, PBCY3, TO-92, 3 PIN

Motorola Mobility LLC

TL431BCLPRAGPOWER CIRCUITS

onsemi

TL431BCLPRPOWER CIRCUITS

Rochester Electronics LLC

TL431BCLPE3POWER CIRCUITS

Rochester Electronics LLC

TL431BILPRAPOWER CIRCUITS

1-OUTPUT THREE TERM VOLTAGE REFERENCE, 2.495V, PBCY3

Motorola Mobility LLC

TL431BCLPGPOWER CIRCUITS

Three Terminal Voltage Reference, 1 Output, 2.495V, Trim/Adjustable, BIPolar, PBCY3, LEAD FREE, PLASTIC, TO-92, TO-226, 3 PIN

Rochester Electronics LLC

TL431BQLPMPOWER CIRCUITS

Adjustable precision shunt regulator 3-TO-92 -40 to 125

Texas Instruments

TL431BVLPPOWER CIRCUITS

1-OUTPUT THREE TERM VOLTAGE REFERENCE, 2.495V, PBCY3, PLASTIC, TO-92, TO-226, 3 PIN

Rochester Electronics LLC

TL431A Recommended Operating Conditions

MIN

MAX

UNIT

Vka

Cathode voltage

Vref

36

V

Ika

Cathode current

1

100

mA

TL43xxC

0

70

Ta

Operating free-air temperature

TL43xxl

-40

85

°C

TL43xxQ

-40

125

TL431A Applications

• Referencing Voltage and Current Can Be Changed

• Flyback SMPS secondary side regulation

• Replacement of Zeners

• Voltage Observation

• Integrated Reference Comparator

L431A Package

TL431A Manufacturer

Texas Instruments (TI) emerges as a globally recognized semiconductor manufacturer expanded into 35 countries. It has seen a rapid growth. In 1958, TIer firstly introduced the working integrated circuit. And today more than 30,000 TIers worldwide are committed to designing, manufacturing, and selling analog and embedded processing chips. They aspire to solve challenges as well as change the world through their technologies.

Frequently Asked Questions in TL431A

What is TL431A?

The TL431A devices are three-terminal adjustable shunt regulators that have been thermally stabilized for use in military, commercial, and automotive applications. With the help of two external resistors, the output voltage can be adjusted to any value between Vref (about 2.5 V) and 36 V.

What is the normal output impedance of the TL431A devices?

0.2

What are the TL431A devices good alternatives to?

Zener diodes

Datasheet PDF

Datasheets record the features, absolute maximum ratings, applications and more of the device, which benefit a lot as an overall guide to the specific application of the part.You can get to learn thoroughly of the TL431AID by reading the datasheets PDF produced by Texas Instruments on Easybom.

Mult Devices Font 21/Apr/2018

Parts with Similar Specs

Choosing products with similar specifications can help you find alternatives for your electronics project, reducing the design and production risks.

Easybom found 4 devices with the similar specs comparing to the TL431AID EasyBom.DB.Model.Category. Amid these parts, the TL431AID has the most matched specifications to the TL431AID while the TL431ACDR is most different with the device.All the similar parts share the same Package / Case (8-SOIC (0.154, 3.90mm Width)),Number of Pins (8),Tolerance (±1%), etc.However, the TL431AID is different from the others by its Max Output Current which is valued 100 mA.

TL431A Market Analysis

The more market quotation you learn about the part, the more convincible and scientific your procurement program will be. Easybom's big data analysis can help you get a grip of the electronics market and stay alert of possible risks.