Every summer up until this one the prospect of the warm months full of free time and zero obligations ending was greeted with resounding sadness: I was certainly not excited to ditch the beach for books and open air for high school hallways. However, now that I am approaching my sophomore year of college, the feelings are a little different. Rather than pure dread, there is a ton of excitement mingled in there. But, more than anything there is confusion because I have come to the conclusion that when it comes to home vs. college I will inevitably miss whichever location I am not in.

During the long days of May and June there was nothing I wanted more than to pack up my house and drive up to Syracuse. I longed for the days of making stupid decisions and being surrounded by friends and eating ice cream at 3 am. If someone had offered the prospect of moving in right then and there, I would have agreed in a second.

However, July came and left with the blink of an eye and suddenly it's the end of August. And I got used to showering without flip flops and coming home to my mom's' home cooked meals and sleeping in my queen sized bed. So sure, I still missed making stupid decisions--but didn't miss the regrets afterwards. And definitely didn't miss the school work.

Now we move-in in a week and I don't know what to feel. One second I am overcome with excitement, the next my heart is pounding with dread. Ultimately, it seems that the next four years may be a constant limbo between wanting to be in two places at once, but I will learn to live with it. After all, it's just a part of the ride.