7 Tips For Your Next Cruise

7 Tips For Your Next Cruise

Unlimited ice cream, candy shops... yeah, good luck.

15
7 Tips For Your Next Cruise
Kayak.com

Are you planning a cruise? I'm sure you know the simple things about packing and packing for the beach. But sometimes people forget the random little things like room keys and hair dryers. If you're departing on your first cruise or your fifth cruise here are some things to keep in mind.

1. Bring sunscreen and lots of it

No, one bottle is not enough unless you want to look like this dude. The best part is burning the first day so your entire week is painful. When in port it is always better to use a heavier sport sunscreen since you will be busy. While at sea and laying by the pool lighter SPF's can be used.

2. Pack a keychain if you plan on returning to your room (with key in hand)

If you think you won't lose that key, you will. Pack a lantern or a bracelet key chain to attach your key to. It's super convenient and you're life is easier when you can actually get into your room. Don't be the person who throws their key in their purse, pocket or bra. Anywhere you go there is a chance of loosing it and they do not like giving out extras.

3. Do not forget your passport, drivers license or birth certificate

They will not let you on the ship and there is nothing worse than making that entire drive just to wave goodbye to your vacation. If you do not have a passport, original birth certificates are required — do not make copies.

4. Bring a hairdryer

OK yes, they have one, but if you have more than two pieces of hair you might want to pack the big guns. Seriously, the hair dryers are as good as hotel dryers. It's best to let your hair dry out on the dock and touch it up with the dryer before its completely dry. Just think about it, everyone on the ship is trying to get ready for dinner at once.

5. Bring Aloe

It doesn't matter if you swear up and down that you will not get burnt, you will. Just accept the fact and bring the Aloe. Nothing is worse than burning and having to buy $20 aloe bottle in order to receive some relief.

6. Forget about your diet

Diet? Diet who? I don't know anyone by that name. Unlimited ice cream, no charge room service, candy shops... Yeah, good luck.

7. Remember to wake up and watch the sunrise

Wake up early one day and watch the sunrise as you head into port. I promise it's worth it. There is nothing I can write that will capture this beautiful memory quite like doing it.

Cruises are great, but they're even better if you come prepared. I advise you get the "cruise mate app" or look up FAQs about your cruise line. Many people have written reviews which can be helpful for figuring out amenities, packing list, wifi plans and more. Enjoy your vacation!