9 Tips To Writing Your Ultimate Holiday Wish List
popular

Christmas time is now upon us....

7182
Pexels.com

If your family is anything like mine, you know that the Winter Holidays are a big event. My mom and grandmother ask me for my Christmas and Birthday wish list in Late September/Early October (granted my birthday is in October, so it’s a legit request).

Personally, I’ve been told by my family that my lists are the best gift guides. Sure, they may end up being multiple pages, but my mom appreciates the detail that I put into my lists. It makes shopping easier for her, thus keeping her happier during the stress of the holidays!

Sure, I'm in my late 20's, but if people still ask you what you want for the Holidays, it's best to be prepared!!!

How do I do it?

Here are my tips and tricks to constructing the best Wish List for the holiday season:

Be detailed

Seriously, simply listing colors and sizes acceptable will save you and your family/loved ones so much time and effort. They won't have to debate between the bright pink or the black tank top, and you won't have to return it for being a color you'd never wear or a shirt that's way too big.

LINK IT

Want something specific and you know your family shops online or will print off the page to take shopping with them.

Categorize it

This way if they (the people shopping for you) want to make sure they’re being well rounded in their purchases, they can be!

Make a list of acceptable gift cards

Sometimes people don’t know what’s around you at home, so this is helpful! Want bills paid? Ask for a gift card for your cell phone carrier!

Don’t be shy about asking for a lot! Make your list LONG!

That way people can still surprise you while getting you what you want!

Ask for some school supplies!

Like those pens you love, but cost just a little too much.

Does something cost too much that you feel ridiculous asking for?

Like a new laptop or a camera that you know someone won’t be able to afford for you? Ask for gift cards and hoard them until you can afford it. (Just remember that some gift cards expire after a year of no use)

Don’t put anything on your list that you’re just “meh” about.

Do you actually want to receive it as a gift? No? Then don't write it down, for crying out loud! They can see it in your facial expressions if you got something that was just a filler on your list. If your list is short, then it's short! Don't make it long just for the sake of it.