6 Things To Do When Unwanted Drama Enters Your Life

How to deal with that unwanted drama and all the stress that comes with it.

26

Stress is a given in today's society. Drama, however, is something that is expected to lessen over time. Sometimes though, drama happens and you might have to deal with it.

I have had to deal with it, too, lately, so here are some tips on how to get through it in a healthy way.

1. Get off of social media 

Social media, including text messages, can damage not only your mental health but can also make the drama and the situation worse. Anger often makes us see red, and if we don't pause to take a break then we will continue to see red.

2. Take 24 hours 

This is the 24-hour rule I live by. Whenever something happens and I get angry, I take 24 hours and sleep on what's happened. When you're mad, you may only see red and say things that you don't mean. Sleeping on and giving the issue time often helps people see clearer and make smarter choices.

3. Journal your feelings

Write down how you are feeling, what has happened to you, and what the drama is about. This helps expel and express those negative feelings in a positive way. This doesn't harm anyone; you put your feelings out there and you can be as honest as you want without holding back.

4. Take your mind off things 

Go do something else. Walk away from the drama, issue, or whatever happened. Walking away can help you destress and take your mind off of whatever is going on.

5. Take a relaxing shower/bath

This helps to take the stress away. These are15-20 minutes that are just to yourself and that you can use to take time to get your mind off anything that has happened. This also releases happy hormones that make you feel better and less angry.

6. Do something that you enjoy

This also helps destress and makes you happy. Doing something you enjoy is always a good thing, and it should always make you happy. This will make the stress and anger become less.

Overall, the thing to remember is that you can't let the anger, drama, and stress get to you. Don't say or do anything that you might regret. Take a minute if you need it and then if it still needs to be dealt with, deal with it.