7 Tips To Surviving An 8 P.M. Game

7 Tips To Surviving An 8 P.M. Game

It's harder than it seems.
5

The beloved 8 p.m. game, oh how I appreciate you. Night games are everyone's favorite, and that probably has something to do with how beautiful your football stadium looks at night or how the weather is actually cool enough to bear. Although I praise 8 p.m. games, surviving them is a little harder than it may sound. Tailgating can get the best of you, so you have to be sure to know what you're doing. With that being said, here are some tips on surviving an 8 p.m. game.

1. Sleep in.

If you don't have to be at the game until 8 p.m., there's no point in waking up at the crack of dawn to go tailgate. You should take the morning to sleep in and relax, because chances are you will be at the stadium until at least 11 p.m.

2. Eat.

Make sure you're nourishing your body with food. I'm going to be that person and say that stadium food is kind of gross, and all of the prices are jacked up. Do yourself a favor and don't spend $5 dollars on that soft pretzel, eat a little something before the game to hold you over.

3. Drink water.

"GET UP IT'S GAME DAY" is often the expression you hear when you're about to get rowdy with your friends, but make sure you're drinking enough water throughout the day so you don't get dehydrated.

4. Wear comfy shoes.

Nothing's worse than standing up for hours on end in those cute sandals you haven't quite broken in yet. Make sure to wear shoes you can walk around in and stand in for long periods of time. Your toes will thank you later.

5. Tailgate, but start late.

If you're going to a game that doesn't start until nighttime, there's no reason to tailgate extremely early in the day. Pace yourselves, people.

6. Stay with friends.

Having a buddy system is important. You don't want to be separated from people you know when you walk in to the stadium, nor do you want to be unsafe when you're walking to and fro. Make sure to stick with pals and you'll be sure to have a great time.

7. Make it to the game.

Night games are usually the best games, and you wouldn't want to miss the action because you're throwing up in the bushes because you drank too much at a tailgate. Make sure that you're with friends who will take care of you if you need it, and make sure you get to the game to see kick off.