Tips To Make Life A Little Sweeter

Tips To Make Life A Little Sweeter

Ferris Bueller was right.

52
Tips To Make Life A Little Sweeter
Tumblr

I’m going to start off by assuming everyone has seen “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”. Remember that line that everyone used as their yearbook quote about life moving fast? I thought so. As cliché as that quote is, there is an undeniable truth to it. Your life is the one thing that you should be able to control unconditionally. There are a few ideas that I came up with to make the thought of mindlessly moseying through life a little less sour. After all, it is your duty to make this life as memorable as you can.

We have grown up being badgered by people asking one simple question: What do you want to do? That simple question has a complicated answer. No one is ever sure on what they want to do in the future no matter what they tell you. But eventually, everyone finds what they were meant to do. For some it may be becoming the greatest neurosurgeon of our generation. For others, it may be becoming a parent. Whatever path you choose to take, make sure you are doing something that you love. You don’t have to have the best job in the world or the perfect family. Just spend your life doing something that you love to do. Otherwise, what’s the point? You weren’t put on this earth just to pay bills and die. Despite what others may have told you, life was meant to be enjoyed.

The second life-idea on my list of things that can make life amazing is to travel. Traveling is quite possibly one of the most fulfilling things you can do. Not only that, but you become more worldly and cultured. The beauty part is that you can always travel somewhere, no matter what your budget is. There are amazing places to go all over the world or even in your home state. No matter where you go, whether it be out of the country or a few hours away, there are beautiful sights to see and good times to be had. You just have to know where to look and have a keen sense of adventure.

The relationships you were born into and the ones that you make are the most important things in life. Don’t waste your time with people you don’t like. Waste time with the ones that you do like. Spend every minute that you’re with them talking and laughing. Try to do it without the distraction of technology too. The conversation is much more interesting when you are listening to the whole thing. Good friends and family keep you grounded. They can drive you up the wall but are also the sole reason you haven’t gone completely insane. Keeping good company is like an asterisk for all these other life-ideas. You can do what you love and travel the globe, but those things are much more enjoyable when you have someone to share it with.

The truth is that life actually does move fast and we’re all going to end up in the ground someday. But we can take all the time that we have on Earth and make it legendary. Life knows no bounds and that is how you should live yours. Dream big, love fiercely and indulge with the people who love you the most. I hope you all take a ride on the Bueller side and look around. I would hate for you to miss out on life.