11 tips for maximum relaxation : After work without stress

A clear cut between professional and private life is difficult. Still, it's incredibly important to switch off at the end of the day and let the work go. With these eleven measures, you can relax after work.

Kathryn Robinson
3

It is difficult for many people to switch off after work, not to get upset with their annoying colleagues or boss, or to answer emails anymore. In times of digital means of communication, employees and the self-employed are virtually available 24/7. The end of the day should not be a continuation of the working day, otherwise, the body can never get into a state of relaxation. Instead, he is constantly on the alert and releases adrenaline, which in turn leads to stress. This is not only psychologically stressful but also causes physical problems in the long run. As a result, switching off after work is an extremely important part of disease prevention. Only with the right amount of relaxation can you remain mentally and physically healthy in the long term.

1. Complete started tasks

A task that has not been completed is predestined to remain in your head after work. Therefore, try to plan your tasks in such a way that you can complete them until the end of the day and thus mentally tick off. Of course, this is not always possible, but it is still possible more often than you would think.

2. Delegate is the magic word

Those who spend too much work and take on tasks that do not fall into their own subject area should not be surprised if the end of the day moves far away. Instead of accepting additional to-dos, you should delegate excess work to others. Maybe your colleagues have less on the table right now or there are interns who are looking forward to additional employment? A win-win situation for everyone involved.

3. Know your own limits

Along with this, you should learn to say no and refuse tasks to avoid an overwhelming flood of work right from the start. Even the most diligent and conscientious employee does not have to take on every task and therefore has to sit in the office until late at night. If you do, there is a risk that your colleagues will get used to it and keep on doing annoying work. Anyone who wants to enjoy the end of their working day must, therefore, have the courage to express and implement their own needs and requirements.

4. Create order

Are you one of the candidates who are dominated by chaos rather than structure and order? Does your desk also look like this? Then you should change that and clear the ship at least once a day. Clear up the chaos created during the day before you go home. Throwing away the unimportant, clearing away the important and thus creating clear structures in the workplace usually takes less than five minutes and makes a significant contribution to making your evening work more relaxed. In addition, you start at a tidy desk the next day and don't waste time because you have to dig through the chaos of the previous day.

5. Plan the next day

In order to switch off better in the evening, a daily schedule for the next working day can be helpful. This will prevent you from having a thousand thoughts that remind you of what you have to do the next day. Think about the next day and look for important documents the evening before. So you start the next day in a structured way and do not waste time planning your day. Because of the very first hours of the working day are often the most productive and should be devoted to important things.

6. A positive review of the day

At the end of the working day, we think too often of what didn't work out or isn't done yet. The focus should be much more often on experiences of success. Even if a day has been anything but positive, there are always positive things to note - as inconspicuous as they may be. Those who are aware of the success they have achieved are more likely to go home with a smile. Simply record your achievements on a list. This not only helps you to be more satisfied with yourself but also makes the success achieved trackable, which can be useful, among other things, for the annual conversation with the boss.

7. Herald the end of the day with rituals

Do not try to work until the last minute and then rush home. After work, you can only relax if you treat it as such. So think of a ritual that you do every night before you leave the office. Which ritual you choose is up to you - the main thing is that you choose one. This can be a positive review of the day, a tour of the office or another regular action that clearly marks the end of work. Such habits provide security and orientation, body and mind know: it is time to shut down. So you can make a significant contribution to ending the day at work, switching off professional thoughts and starting the evening more relaxed.

8. Create job-free zones

Especially on very eventful working days, we take emotions and topics home from the job. If the colleague on the trip home only talks about the upcoming presentation, she will follow the work home. Nevertheless, you do not have to go home with a colleague out of politeness just because she lives around the corner. After all, you already discussed enough job topics during the day. Accordingly, you should also avoid sharing your experiences with your partner or best friend. Try to leave work behind and see your home as a job-free zone. You should devote yourself to more pleasant things there, such as evening planning or dinner together. By the way, that also means: get out of your business outfit and into your well-being clothes.

9. Let colleagues be colleagues

Try to separate work and leisure: while you are in the office, work is constant and concentrated; outside of the job, only private things are on the program. Going out with colleagues after work is one of those things. Those who make up their circle of friends mainly from colleagues are inevitably repeatedly confronted with topics related to the job. Instead, look for friends with other professional backgrounds. New, unused topics are inspiring and help to forget about work.

10.Digital detox: steer clear of cell phones & co.

Especially if you have a job cell phone or laptop, you should make sure that you are no longer available after work. Switching off your technical devices after work is the basic requirement to be able to switch off yourself. Even if it only takes a few seconds to check messages on your smartphone, you are always mentally at work. You have absolutely earned your time out after work. Both the head and the body need a certain amount of regeneration to rest and recharge their batteries. However, if you keep looking at your business cell phone, again and again, there can be no question of relaxation.

11. Friends instead of TV

Instead of spending the evening in front of the television, you should use your free time and make the most of it. Better go out, play sports, read a book, eat with family or meet friends for an after-work beer. You will find that not only does your evening feel longer, but you are more fulfilled and balanced.