5 Tips I Wish I Knew Before Heading To Lollapalooza

2. Pack light

25
Cambria Harkley/ Lollapalooza 2016

As anyone from the Chicago-land area knows, the first weekend in August was Lollapalooza, the biggest concert festival in the area. Artists from all over come to play the stages of Lolla. But with all the excitement here are a few tips on how to make Lollapalooza the best experience ever and what I wish I knew before going for my first time.

1. Plan it out

With all the different stages and the span between them, it is important that you and your friends talk about who you want to see before the day arrives. With 20,000 steps logged on my Fitbit from Thursday alone, I wish I would have thought it out more. Walking back and forth from the Grant Park stage to the Bud Light Stage will really take a toll on your feet, so make sure you decide on who really matters to see.

2. Pack Light

If you do not need it do not bring it. The odds that you will think to reapply sunscreen and need hand wipes are slim to none, so leave them at home. It will be less to think about getting stolen when you are in the middle of Perry’s moshing. Just bring your phone and some cash and possibly glitter if you are into that. And, loop your fanny through your belt loops, this will make it harder for your lightly packed stuff to get stolen so you will not have to think about all the things you are carrying when you are in the middle of the pack.

3. Be specific on where and when you are meeting

Saying to meet at the Perry’s sign, though it may sound very specific will not actually end with you seeing your friends. There are at least one hundred people standing around the sign at all times, so trying to find someone in the crowd, especially if you have been drinking, will be nearly impossible. Try saying meet at the P in Perry’s or meet at a specific booth.

4. Bring a portable charger

If you were thinking about bringing a portable charger, generally it would be a good idea. My phone gets wonky when there is no service and my battery will drain even though I am not using it. So, by the end of the night when you are trying to find a ride or call an Uber, you will be thankful for the portable.

5. Enjoy the moment

Do not be living through your phone. Lolla is meant to be experienced not watched through your Snapchat story. There was a reason you decided to show up to the actual place and see the artists, so do not sit there recording it all. Live Lolla!