5 Tips for Improving Your Entrepreneurship Network

Networking is essential for every entrepreneur, regardless of age, industry or social standing.

17

Networking is essential for every entrepreneur, regardless of age, industry or social standing. By connecting with other entrepreneurs you’ll learn more about your own industry and your target markets. You get to hear about different suppliers, as well as other people’s experiences you can learn from.

Building a great network might be tough. It depends on your location, and how comfortable you are in social situations. But, we’ve prepared five tips to help you improve your network and take your entrepreneurial spirit to the next level.

Don’t Sleep on Tech Tools

First and foremost, any tool that can make your life easier is your friend. We’re talking about social media sites like LinkedIn, digital business card apps like L-Card, time management apps, notes apps, etc.

All of these apps are meant to help you somehow. They can make you more productive, save you time, money, and a lot of energy in the long run. So, snoop around, talk to other entrepreneurs and get their recommendations.

Attend Events

The best way to meet new people is to attend events. However, with the pandemic most of the in-person events and conferences were canceled. Luckily, we’ve all learned that they can function in the virtual world, and that’s even better because you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on traveling and accommodation. Instead, you can join an event from the comfort of your home office.

These events are great for socializing, but they’re also a good opportunity to meet like-minded individuals and learn some things you wouldn’t have the time to learn otherwise.

Explore Your Industry

When networking within your niche, you can meet people that can be highly relevant to your business’ operations. It’s an easy way to see what your competitors are doing and figure out what you’re doing differently.

Use social media to find the individuals working in the same field as you, and don’t be shy. Send them a message, comment on one of their posts, and get the ball rolling.

Keep Your Records Clean

You can’t just go around the conference and meet people without ensuring you won’t lose their information or forget their names. Apps like L-Card allow you to scan paper business cards, and the algorithm then digitizes the data, creating a new contact within your phone.

It’s a sleek solution to keeping track of everyone’s names, contact information, companies, industries, and other relevant data. You can also create different folders, sort people by industry, or position. Generally, you can create a system that works for you.

However, any system needs maintenance. So, make sure that you’re checking your records on a regular basis, and that you’re updating any new information about the people you’re meeting.

Don’t Wait for an Event to Network

While events are the best place for networking since they attract many people from the same niche, they’re not the only place for networking. Wherever you are, you have an opportunity to build an organic relationship with other entrepreneurs.

Spending a lot of time in the local coffee shop? Have you met the owner? That’s an opportunity for networking!

Wrapping Up

Expanding your entrepreneurship network might be a little rocky in the beginning. But, if you follow our tips and use technology to your advantage, while attending events, exploring the industry and keeping your records clear you’ll surely get far.