Way To Deal With Stress

5 Ways To Clear Your Mind

Hey, sometimes life really does just hit you like a bus!

27
5 Ways To Clear Your Mind
Photo by Oscar Söderlund on Unsplashhttps://unsplash.com/photos/Cs8ZKuw4VWw

Let's face it, life can get pretty stressful at times. Sometimes life happens so quickly and leaves you completely overwhelmed. After countless experiences of feeling like a deer in headlights, I have finally come up with five tips that might help you too.

1. Journal

Photo by Ilya Ilyukhin on Unsplash

unsplash.com

As simple as it sounds, journaling can really help with stress and clearing your mind. If you don't know exactly what is making you uneasy, writing down your thoughts can help you get to the root of the problem and help you address it. Whether this means writing down a list of things you have to do or even opening up a stream of consciousness where you can write down everything that comes to your mind, visually seeing the things you have to do and the thoughts you have is really helpful.

2. Exercise

Photo by Form on Unsplash

Again, not the most creative idea in the world, but going for a run or maybe joining a yoga class, or any other physical activity for that matter, can really help get your mind back to where you want it to be. Being alone with your thoughts helps target the issue and give yourself time to think about how to get past it. By exercising, you are also giving yourself a much needed break from whatever it is that is stressing you out… unless, of course, the exercise is actually causing you the stress after all. Even though exercising is a burden sometimes, at least you will feel somewhat productive and accomplished after you're done!

3. Read a book

Photo by Ben White on Unsplash

I don't know about you, but whenever I read a good book, I am literally transported into a different dimension. There is no better distraction to me than reading about other people's problems and how they wind up getting through them. Who knows, maybe the character you're reading about might even have some great ideas for you!

4. Watch TV

Photo by JESHOOTS.COM on Unsplash

Adding to the reading a book point, watching a TV show or a really good movie can totally make you forget about your problems and help your mind rid itself of all the clutter. There is nothing quite like watching Netflix for hours and ultimately forgetting that you are, in fact, procrastinating.

5. Open up

Photo by Bewakoof.com Official on Unsplash

People often forget that talking about their problems makes them easier. Sometimes it isn't even that the person you're venting to is giving you the best advice in the world, but just getting the heavy stress off your chest by talking it out can really do the trick. By opening up to others, you can finally open up to yourself and create steps to move forward and handle whatever it is that life is throwing at you.