​8 Times 'Miss Congeniality' Was Inspiring For All Women Everywhere

"She's beauty and she's grace, she's queen of 50 states..."

344
Warner Bros.

If you're familiar with the infamous 4/25 day, you know that "Miss Congeniality" is one movie that is very, very hard to top.

From the perfect casting of Sandra Bullock as our lovable Gracie Lou Freebush, the perfect humor of Stan Fields, and the impeccable grace of Michael Caine, the wild, untamable spirit of Gracie Hart lives within all of us. S

he has taught viewers everywhere about how to stand up for yourself, take a stand, break the rules, follow your gut and above all, remain fiercely loyal to those who have always had your back. I've seen this movie countless times, but every time I still get that feeling of watching it for the first time all over again.

There are a number of scenes within this movie that are impossible to top, and these not only brought the greatest laughs throughout the movie but also taught me the most about just who Gracie Hart of the FBI really is.

Just remember: wear the crown, be the crown, you are the crown!

1. When she took over a NYC Starbucks "on official FBI business."

Warner Bros

This scene inspires me every time, not just because she busted into a Starbucks, but also because she teaches women how to not be a pushover. Unfortunately, not all of us are female federal officers, but if you're on a mission to go get a PSL after class and someone cuts you in line, you wouldn't take that, now would you?

Neither would our Gracie. No matter whether that line-cutter is male or female, you better go do that mission like it's your job!

2. When she looked like a pageant queen, but spoke her mind like an agent.

Warner Bros

This scene is the ultimate transformation for our leading lady, no longer frizzy, disheveled FBI agent Gracie Hart, but well-spoken, clean and pristine Gracie Lou Freebush!

But don't be fooled -- she may look the part, but she's still got the same attitude from back in NYC. I love how she encourages women to speak their truth here and defend their feelings, especially from the obviously gawking Eric Matthews behind her.

In life, it is so important to communicate how you feel in an assertive manner, and this is a scene that can't be ignored.

3. When the beer and steak lifestyle finally got the best of her.

Warner Bros

This scene makes me laugh devilishly every time, and this is because it is such an effective way to point out the importance of ladylike manners, as which we know matters TREMENDOUSLY if you're going to be competing in The Miss United States Pageant.

Though not pictured, Gracie responds to this clever comment in the best way, demanding to know "what his problem is."

She demonstrates here that no woman should have to take any crap from a man, and especially not to let anyone, male or female, point out your shortcomings in a cruel manner, though this scene was portrayed in good fun with a bit of that charming Michael Caine flair.

4. When Victor gave her a "gliding" lesson in the streets of NYC.

Gfycat

Though it may be an unpopular opinion, I would have to argue that this scene is funnier than the 4/25 one! The reaction from Gracie is absolutely priceless here, and yet again, she proves to all women that you don't let anyone disrupt your groove!

There is nothing more dissatisfying than when your mojo gets thrown off in the middle of the day, and if those haters could just GET THE MESSAGE, there would be no problem, now would there?

Unfortunately, that's not how the world works, but no matter how you glide, don't let anyone stop you!

5. When they could take the girl out of the FBI, but couldn't take the FBI out of the girl.

Warner Bros.

I love this scene because it stresses such an important message for women: don't ever say something that someone else is obviously trying to get you to say.

Before Gracie speaks here, several other contestants have answered with the phrase, "world peace." Though Gracie knows this, she speaks her mind anyway, resulting in some awkward cricket silences before she also adds "world peace" to her answer.

Our minds are all unique, and no matter what answer pops up, as long as it isn't too offensive, say it and speak your peace, girl!

6. When she taught ladies everywhere how to S.I.N.G.!

Warner Bros.

One of Gracie's greatest scenes in the movie, this is the most inspiring moment for women all over the world. In the scene, Gracie Lou is supposed to play the water glasses for her talent, but fellow contestants got a little too thirsty, leaving her with only one option: improv how she knows best.

She teaches the audience how to "sing" in self-defense: Solar Plexus, Instep, Nose, and Groin, aka the four most sensitive areas of the body.

I have this movie to thank for preparing me to defend myself in any dangerous situation, and I would bet that it has helped women from all over the world feel more protected, confident and alert as they walk through life.

7. The bagel prayer at the Orientation Breakfast.

Warner Bros.

This scene is relatable for nearly all women everywhere in the fact that it teaches a very important lesson: fake it 'til you make it.

In life, things are going to go askew and throw you completely off guard, much like this mic resonance did for Gracie. She couldn't blow her cover as an agent, so she put together her bagel and the Lord's name to pull off a believable excuse for her loud outburst at the breakfast.

If this is you one day down the line, don't worry about the unwanted attention -- it might just work out in your favor.

8. When she proved her loyalty to her girls on national TV.

Warner Bros.

Last but not least, even as a pageant queen, Gracie has an innate sixth sense of knowing when her friends are in danger and is not afraid to take anyone out that stands in her way of protecting them.

In the movie, her response is a little intense for being on national television, but it seems to do her due justice in the end.

This scene has taught me, as well as many other women, that loyalty is the most important quality in a person, and that can make someone very, very memorable.

As you can see, Gracie's truth is not defined by anyone other than herself. She goes above societal standards and shows everyone that who you are is not defined by how you appear or what you wear.

Rather, it is determined by what you do and how you make others feel. Yes, there were times when Gracie struggled with this, but her inner beauty shone most when she didn't care about outer beauty, and shouldn't we all want to think about ourselves that way, too?

When you are truly and uniquely yourself, that is when a true, lasting impression is made upon others and made upon yourself.