Monday 6/25 Times Get Tough
Education

Just Because Sh*t Is Rough, Doesn't Mean It is game over

Sometimes we just need a little reminder that not everything is the END of the world.

29
https://unsplash.com/photos/6fiz86Ql3UA

Since coming back home from college, I have realized that changing your daily routine from school mode to summer mode is ROUGH. First off, I live under my parents roof again and have their rules applied back into my life. Hello to no more staying out until 3 AM in the basement of Sig Nu with Jimmy. Second off, everyone is OLD now...including me. Half of my friends have internships and the other half have jobs that take up all hours of the day. Let me tell you, having a busy life and barely being able to get together with your friends is ROUGH. Everyone has their own life and I have mine. Being an adult, it really comes with responsibility and not being able to breathe. If I am going to be honest, for the first few weeks, I felt pretty lonely. I did not start my job until the middle of June so my days consisted of working out and cleaning out my room. It was truly just me, myself, and I. Along with feeling lonely, sometimes relationships hit bumps and that took a toll on my days too. Have no fear though, all I needed to remind myself was that just because things get rough does not mean GAME OVER.

Yes, my relationship felt like it was crumbling to pieces. Yes, I felt like my friendships with people were ending and no one had time for me. Yes, all of these things are very REAL things. But, I was being way too dramatic as per usual and most of these problems, that made me feel like the end of my time was near, could easily have been fixed right away with communication. Sometimes things just need to be talked out no matter if it takes one hour or one week to get through the issues at hand. There is no problem in needing to work on things that seem miniscule to other people.

During this tough time I was having, all I needed to hear from someone was that it was not game over for me. I needed to hear that I should give it a few days, talk to your friend and find an understanding, communicate the issues to keep my relationships strong. But instead of hearing that from someone else, I had to say it to myself. It took a few weeks to take my own advice but I finally did and get this...everything is OKAY. I worked on my relationship issues and now am more in love than ever, I patched things up with past friends, and I have my best friend back and at my house almost every night.

If you think that shi*t is getting rough and it is game over for you, here is me telling you that it will be worked out if you want it to. It may seem like the end of the world but most issues just take communication and patience. In society today, the littlest things seem like we are going to be taking our last breathe. However, here I am, never been happier with how things are in my life, and I just had to get through those fews weeks to get where I am today. This is your reminder that you are capable of anything and everything to get to the place you want to be at today or in the future.