The Pros and Cons of Running a Remote Agency

Remote Work

47

Collaboration among companies and working remotely is improving in a massive volume, and opportunities to work from home or anywhere just with the connection are growing swiftly. Upwork conducted a survey and found that about 50% of the United States workforce will become the workforce of remote workers by 2027.

Another survey conducted by Fiverr of more than 3500+ employees showed the following results:

• More than 50% of current employees said that they are working as a full-time freelancer.
  • About 30% said that they are working alternately.
  • And about 20% said that they work mostly for their own business and just avail few opportunities to work remotely.

Many renowned companies offer their employees to work remotely with the help of staff time tracker, such an option has numerous advantages as well as some drawbacks.

There are numerous organizations that are hiring talented people all over the world. With that, there are also a lot of professions from which workers can choose from.

On the other hand, while hiring remotely, the hiring manner and onboarding process can be a bit different. However, the overall performance of an organization can be enhanced as compared with regular employees. With all these productivity enhancements there is also cost that many remote organizations pay. Here are some of the main pros and cons of running a remote agency.

Pros

Hiring Best People

It has been observed that many talented people can't withstand the typical working hours of 9 to 5. They can't put their best at work. That doesn't mean that people who work from 9 to 5 are not talented. However, the best of them prefer working in flexible hours. Flexibility in working hours is what helps them to find the work-life balance. Hence, remote hiring allows agencies to hire the best of the best regardless if it is a full-time or even a part-time job.

Better Salary Packages

While hiring remote team organizations can offer better salaries. As you are hiring remotely, you can hire people from different countries as long as there is so language barries. There are several things you can benefit from this thing. The average salaries in the state where your employee lives and the exchange rate between these two currencies can also be beneficial. These small things do make a lot of difference and benefit to the employer side.

Provide Security and Freedom

Remote employees have a feeling of security and feel free at the same time. Secure because they know that they are working for an established organization that covers all their requirements. And free because they can make their own schedule and can choose their work environment.

Able to avoid the commuting hassle

Traffic jams or the hassle of local transport to get to the workplace is a big issue nowadays. According to the Census Bureau in the U.S. people who are working on a 9 to 5 job spend at least 200 hours in a year commuting, which are about 9 days in a year. But remote workers don't waste their time in such ways.

Cons

Affects personal relationships

Working under the same roof helps you connect with your other team members. However, you can't avail of such luxury while hiring a remote team. Incomparably, not being able to have a face to face conversation can create distances. Employers need to find a way to get their employees close so that the distance does not affect the team's collaboration or relationships.

Require workers with minimum supervision

You need to look for people who are responsible, own a place, and need minimum supervision. These are needed because of the distance. Employers need to make sure that their team is able to deliver what is required. However, this particular thing is also required in a 9 to 5 job. Nonetheless, remote hiring makes it necessary to work with. Though you can supervise your remote workers with the help of a staff time tracker.

Homebound

If you have ever worked remotely than you will understand what homebound means. Staying too many hours in a home can harm one's physical and mental health. And this is one of the major problems that remote workers need to overcome. To solve this issue. Many big cities are now offering co-working areas and small cafes to aid freelancers and people who work remotely.

Final Thoughts

As it should be realized by now that remote hiring has its own advantages and disadvantages. If you are thinking about remote hiring for your Tech website or organization you should know its pros and cons. We hope that this article has helped you to understand remote hiring.