End The Cycle That Procrastination Creates

Do it now, not later!

29

Procrastination is the number one thing that will prevent you from being successful. It took me a long time to realize this, and I had to learn the hard way. I think as college students, we often put off work and responsibilities, thinking we'll have time to get everything done, and then stressing out entirely when we don't have time.

People procrastinate on school work all the time, but they also procrastinate on everything things, like cleaning their room or making a doctor's appointment. These little things pile up and leave you will a ton of work and very little time.

Stress is something we all have to deal with, and it is something that can destroy us inside. If we allow things to pile up constantly, that stress cycle will never ever be broken.

Make a checklist of all the things you have to do, and get things done! Trust me, checking things off your list, no matter how small they may be, feels great. It makes you feel productive and in control of your hectic life. As you check things off, you will have less and less to do, and you will have so much more free time to do things you actually enjoy.

I know it's easy to lay in bed and watch Netflix all day, but that will not help better your life and will not help you get your degree. It is time to organize your life and to do things as soon as you can, instead of at the end of the day or minutes before the deadline.

I used to always think I had time to do everything. I would put off my work until the day it was due, and at that point, more things would come up, and I had no way of finishing it all on time.

My Freshman year of college, a TA in one of my classes was talking to us about how she liked to do her worked way ahead of time. She said that she would make sure to get through all the work she needed to do as early as she could because life happens sometimes. She told us that one night, she had a huge paper due and that her best friend got sick and needed her to accompany her to the hospital. She spent the entire night in the hospital with her friend. If she hadn't completed that paper days in advance, she would have received a 0 for it because she had no way to work while her friend needed her.

Do not let procrastination be the barrier between you and your success. You will definitely need to have a strong work ethic when you have a job. If you submit things late, you will get fired. Start changing your ways so that you can get into the good habit of getting things done sooner than later.