Time To Get Spooky: 5 Ways to Welcome Fall

From fresh baked snacks to spooky Halloween movies and decor, here are few ways to welcome in the season.

405
Butimag

Summer is over, and Fall is here! Everywhere we look, we see Summer phasing out to Fall and the reminder that Halloween is (eek!) right around the corner. In honor of the changing of the season, here are a few super fun and festive ways to welcome in the Fall and begin your transition into spooky time for all Halloween lovers like myself!

What's great about some of these tips is that not all of them require going out and buying deliciously scented Fall candles (though I will include my favorites) but may just be simple changes you can make to your daily life to feel more Autumn-festive!

1.) Change Your Social Media Themes

If you want to find a quick, fun way to usher in the new season, this idea is free and only takes a few minutes: change your wallpaper, Tumblr theme or Instagram theme.

You can gain all kinds of inspiration from Fall themed Tumblr posts to create cute, Instagram worthy pictures, or just change your everyday phone wallpaper to something a bit more festive. It seems super simple but is a super great way to welcome in the cooler months.

2.) Try Out Some Fall Scents

If you are a sucker for fall smells like me, then this tip will be right up your alley: head into your favorite candle store and pick up some new festive scents. Bath and Body Works has some of my favorites, including their "Pumpkin Cupcake" and "Hot Cocoa and Cream" candles.

Lighting a candle and enjoying the amazing smells of fresh baked goods can really change your room or home's atmosphere and make you feel so cozy. If candles aren't your forte, then try out the real thing: bake! Creating delicious snacks can really help you feel more at home with Fall if you are particularly sensitive to candle scents.

3.) Switch Out Your Wardrobe

When it starts to get a bit cooler, I go through my drawers and toss out the pieces that no longer fit, or I no longer want, and donate or sell them. I can switch out my summer shorts for comfy sweats, and also make room for cute new fall pieces.

It's a win-win situation! Donating your clothes is a great way to give back to the community, so look up the best charities or shelters to drop off your pieces. Remember that Winter is the hardest time for those that are struggling, so donating that extra warm sweater you no longer wear can really make a difference.

4.) Decorate!

While we are on the topic of cleaning, there are tons of ways to vamp up your space to feel more Fall festive. Target's dollar spot always has cute Halloween decorations to add to your desk, such as themed tin cups or spooky skulls and signs.

If you are a true decorating aficionado, check out Michaels: their Halloween decorations are to die for! You can also add Halloween decals and stickers to your windows, to spruce up your space from the outside and breathe in that fresh Fall air.

5.) Have a Halloween Movie Night

Feeling lazy? No matter - curl up with your fave blanket and create a list of all of your favorite Halloween movies to enjoy and get you into the Fall spirit. Some of my favorites are "Hocus Pocus," "Practical Magic," "Halloweentown," any Stephen King adaptation and all of the old school Disney Halloween Specials.

So make a list and see how many spooky or fun flicks you can get in before October 31st!